PDA

View Full Version : New BOC Refrigerants web site (soon)

Johnny Rod
10-11-2005, 05:20 PM
Hi Guys

We are about to start rehashing our BOC Refrigerants web site as it is rather out of date and to my mind doesn't provide you with everything you need. The question is, what would you like to see? What sort of things would be useful to you? We have some ideas but it makes sense that our customers who use refrigerants should have some input into what we provide for you.

Some starting suggestions:
safety data sheets
properties info (temp/pressure)
packages sizes and valve types
latest legislative info (e.g. F-gas)
retrofit info
analysis info (of course!)

Let's hear it!

eggs
10-11-2005, 06:42 PM
I am baffled as to the use of Trem cards and what info i should be carrying, coshh sheets etc.
Should i really have extraction/ventilation in my van?

so how about a practical guide to keeping us legal :)

cheers

eggs

Derek
11-11-2005, 09:46 AM
Our big thing is material compatibility. The old 2 days immersed tokens tests are insufficient for real inovative design activities.

Elastomers are the chief concern but relaible aluminium, carbon fibre and ceramics data doesn't seem to exist.

frank
11-11-2005, 11:22 AM
What about some info on the legal requirement to have your regulators checked/calibrated annually? what the cost of this is?
Any other things we should know about transporting cylinders, i.e. are there any limits to the number of cylinders we can carry in one vehicle?, any special transporting considerations (max temps etc.), what about vehicle signage - I'll bet real money most of us are non-compliant at present.

Daddy Cool
11-11-2005, 03:04 PM
I Wouldn't bet against you Frank, a friend has just received his study pack for the 'safe handling' course, and he's horrified that he needs TREM cards, ventilated van, limits on number and size of cylinders, 'compressed' & flammable gas waring triangle, and that he must tale them off when they are not on board etc etc. His question was 'Does anybody really do all of this? and if so how do they find the time to make any money?'
Though having said that Frank, i'm sure you follow the rules to the letter:D (just in case anyone is looking;) )

Argus
17-11-2005, 12:40 PM
Dear John,

I?m sure that you can come up with one of the best UK based refrigerants websites with all the expertise in your company.

Looking at your list, I agree that one thing that may help many users and installers, mainly in the UK but also in the EU, and that is a jargon-free, basic description of the legislation issues?

The subject is an old chestnut of mine, but there is no defence in not knowing the law. You don?t need to get concerned with a legal understanding, just a distillation of the facts.

By that I mean that there is still a lot of R22 in circulation, so the ODS Regulations are one thing to consider; follow that with an easy-to-understand review of the new F Gas regulations ? we have a good idea what they are beginning to look like now and will be with us and in force, I suspect, within the year.
Finally, keeping the best for last, and that is the issues and obligations of users and small installers concerning the new Hazardous Waste Regulations.

Hope this helps.

________
Mark V (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Jaguar_Mark_V)

Johnny Rod
18-11-2005, 12:17 PM
Guys

Thanks for the ideas, Argus I had already thought of that one, but thanks anyway! We did a market research exercise recently and discovered that legislation is a hot topic in that there is a lot of it and (as you can see) it is a bit too esoteric for most fridgies. The technical stuff is important but doesn't need such regular updates and is easier to get your head around.

I hope the end result is good, I'll try to make sure of it! I think launch date is scheduled for around Feb 06 (end of, most likely).

As for now, I'm off to spend two weeks lying on a beach with a beer in one hand and a beer in the other.