PDA

View Full Version : Polar t316 ice machine off on fault lamp

mcunliffe4
15-02-2012, 07:23 PM
Hey guys, would like some advise if possible, went to look at a polar ice machine this afternoon, turned on at power machine run lamp activated then the machine went onto a hot gas de-frost. The machine fault lamp activated shutting the machine off. I suspect the main board may be u/s so thinking of oredering a new board with probes. At no point when the machine was on did i hae voltage to the water inlet valve. Any ideas guys. Thankyou.....

charlie patt
15-02-2012, 08:28 PM
did the bin go down and try to return up the water sol wont energize until bin goes down and back up when you power up 24 sec delay bin goes down whilst hg happens bin sits at botom for aprox 16 sec then rises to top when it gets to top it hits that little hall effect transmitter the bit with the white paint on then water valve opens lets in water until water hits prongs on white valve then it freezes until that little sensor up on the lefthits temp then start again

mcunliffe4
15-02-2012, 09:20 PM
hi charlie, i did notice the bin move down and come back up but started to jilt the water inlet valve did not energise when it came back up against the transmitter. i spok to polar tech and they told me that when you first turn on the machine it should not go onto an hot gas, and advised about the board, any ideas mate. could you explain to me about the sequence of operation fo this model. thanks

charlie patt
15-02-2012, 09:29 PM
soon as you switch it on it will go to hot gas/ and drop pan these units suffer from the bin motor failure or the allen key or 10 mm nut comes loose on the bin if you have any play on the bin there is your fault. on start up you hear a click the bin then lowers on a set time bin stays at bottom for a period whilst hot gas goes on then bin returns to top until the little metal plate hits the hall effect transmitter then the water comes in and off we go if there is any play in the bin up and down there is your fault if bin motor is gone order a water sensor with it the reason the bin motors fail is the level of ice is to thick and the motors are not good

mcunliffe4
15-02-2012, 09:44 PM
hi charlie, the bin motor is on the right hand side right, the bin did drop but no water it came back up and started to go back down and then back up a couple of times. why do you think this tech advised on the pcb and probes. i dont think the metal plate aligned withe the transmitter. i dont like these machines lol

charlie patt
15-02-2012, 09:52 PM
when it returns up the little painted plate passes a signal to the hall effect transmitter and starts its cycle the motor is on the right....... the reason for technical sayeing board and probes is it useually is they are very unreliable i would check the motor first for any play on the way down the motor is on a timer and on the way up it terminates on the hall effect transmitter then it starts its cycle make sure the little plate in the bin that trips the hall sensor is the correct way around the biggest problem is what they cost new you can but a new 316 or half a k20

mcunliffe4
15-02-2012, 10:24 PM
cheers charlie for all your help. ill pop back and check the bin motor ill keep you updated