PDA

View Full Version : Pictures?

iwm ref
17-08-2001, 04:42 PM
Heya guys,
Could you be so kind and suggest where I can find some media - Pictures etc for a few web sites which Iam creating.

Specificaly on Fridges, Commercial...Units, Air con, Evap units, Ice Machines and some domestic appliances.

Iam a Web designer and a Full time Commercial Fridge man..so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Abe
17-08-2001, 09:17 PM
Hello Jono,
This is a long shot but here goes. First thing to remember is "who has copyright" so keep to the right side of the law. Search Engines may provide you links to sites where you can brouse libraries of pics, but these will at most be of mediocre quality and broad, ie: non specific

Try this, approach refrigeration companies , manufacturers direct. The Marketing departments often have albums of good proffessionally taken photos which they use for brochures, seminars, exhibitions, etc
They will not mind letting you have specific pictures, be clear about how you want to use them, and get permission.
A good site with links to these companies is, www.start4all.com

iwm ref
18-08-2001, 12:05 AM
Thank you very much Aiyub!

I was going to head for the obvious and get the diggy cam out, but it doesnt look very clear and professional.

As you was saying copy written, Yes...only when stated, which I wouldnt touch, nor even email for permission as most are very arrogant and will refuse permission of any kind of use. Bummer Eh! :(

THanks for the feedback :)

Cheers

Abe
18-08-2001, 09:03 AM
I will keep looking and if I come across anything will let you know. I know I mentioned about copyright, but look at it another way, if youre using for web page design.........then quality doesnt have to be high resolution for printing purposes, as long as its clear thats fine. Other thing, the web is "huge" I dont know of a police force scouring the web for "illegal use of non copyright " pictures""" Its laudible...........The only scenario I can think of is someone may stumble upon your site, scratch his head when looking at a particular graphic and decide to raise the issue, because his greedy and wants a bit more cash, even though he doesnt need it!! and send you a polite email. Tou simply erase the graphic
Other thing is use your scanner and use pics from brochures....
See yer

iwm ref
18-08-2001, 11:47 AM
I know guys :)

Ive been in web media many years, I just thought some of you guys would have some media to pass on :)

Ill state some URLs in a while, I used to work for TwelveTen media web design, Nottingham (lace market)

www.twelveten.com

Did quite alot work there, then now Im a Fridge man lol

Been in the game for 2 years now, Refrigeration is a great job, and wouldnt quit if I was a millionaire....Hard work and rewarding.

Abe
18-08-2001, 07:46 PM
Jono,

I feel a bit like "teaching grandma how to suck eggs" lol
I gave the wrong address which lists a lot of fridge companies with links etc
The correct address is:
http://refrigeration.start4all.com/

Hope this helps.........
psss........Im satying nothing about pictures, resolutions, etc again!!!

Byeee

iwm ref
18-08-2001, 09:32 PM
Hehe, Thanks dude

That site is very useful :)

Muchly appreciated buddy