PDA

View Full Version : Vetassess help?

jamesp
11-02-2012, 04:45 PM
Hi, im just starting the process of applying for a permanent visa to australia and i would appreciate any information on the skills assessment practical from anyone who has done it recently . Im sure it will be fine but it would be handy to have an idea of exactly what its like as its a lot of money, which i don't have a lot of at the moment. Any information would be much appreciated.

r.bartlett
11-02-2012, 06:57 PM
Why not try the search function

jamesp
11-02-2012, 08:48 PM
I have but theres nothing thats really recent so things may of changed

Kev The Tool
12-02-2012, 08:48 AM
hi james.
i did mine in feb last year, its pretty basic if you know what your doing, you will do fault finding on an air con split, 2 fridge set ups, electrcal faults on a fuse board,wire a single and three phase plug, tag out lock out, compressor faults using a megger tester, pipe bending to within a couple of mm, and then you will basically do the f-gas test with reclaiming and charging, checking superheat and subcooling, setting up the system parameters, all the time the tutor will ask you questions regarding what your doing and why, like i say its not hard if you know your stuff, dont be afraid to ask questions if you dont know how to do something they are there to judge your level of knowledge, they dont expect you to know everything about everything, the guy we had was sound, just remember you have to finish all the tasks or you automatically fail, it is quite tight so dont waste time trying to do something you dont know how to, just ask someone to help, i did mine in london and the actual college tutors were there as well and they were really helpful regarding tools and stuff. i fly out in 6 weeks and i cant wait, good luck and pm me if you need any more info.

FreezerGeezer
14-02-2012, 12:56 PM
Just a note fellas. I've yet to hear of an Aussie company that pays your licences. It's expected that you pay your own & claim it back on tax. Also the definition of hand tools isn't like the UK. They'll expect you to provide your own gauges & sometimes things like battery drills & meters.
Those can also be claimed on tax.
And around here the only co. I know of that pays your travel front door to front door is Hussman.
It's not a bad life, but don't expect milk & honey. :)