PDA

View Full Version : Frigopak lvs

mycom-man
08-02-2012, 11:40 PM
HI, BEEN ASKED TO LOOK AT A FRIGOPAK LVS SPIRAL CHILLER AND WAS WONDERING IF ANY ONE HAD ANY DRAWINGS OF THE SUCTION ACCUMULATOR/CYCLONIC VESSEL WITH REGARDS TO OIL/WATER PROBLEMS iE HOW THE TWO LEVEL SENSORS WORK, HAVE BEEN TOLD THAT THE CYCLONE IS CREATED BY UPSIDE DOWN FUNNEL !!!! ANY HELP !!!! :o

Magoo
09-02-2012, 04:13 AM
LVS,
Low volume system= rapid liquid regeneration through evaporator increasing peformance and dry suction to compressor set, no accumulator required. Clever stuff from the Swedes. You will never find any detail drgs until the patent expires.A bit like their self stacking spiral belting. High pressure subcooled liquid supply injected, and the level controls are a combined cyclic operation, not hard to figure out. Is it liquid parallel flow to air or vise versa. Got you thinking. What patern is more efficient. The key is agitated flow/regeneration

mikeref
09-02-2012, 06:38 AM
LVS,
Low volume system= rapid liquid regeneration through evaporator increasing peformance and dry suction to compressor set, no accumulator required. Clever stuff from the Swedes. You will never find any detail drgs until the patent expires.A bit like their self stacking spiral belting. High pressure subcooled liquid supply injected, and the level controls are a combined cyclic operation, not hard to figure out. Is it liquid parallel flow to air or vise versa. Got you thinking. What patern is more efficient. The key is agitated flow/regeneration Wow! That went clean over my head :confused:.....

mycom-man
09-02-2012, 06:18 PM
Cheers Magoo, after draining the evaporators of oil and, ahem "a couple of gallons of water" we are once again operational. You mentioned high pressure subcooled liquid injection as agitation is the key, this was in line with my thinking, however, since running back up i have tried increasing dp to 11.5 bg with a 1.5 bg diff, unfortunately the cond fan, once in runs on to 7bg before cutting out, diff not observed, frigo told me that their lvs is designed to run at 7>9bg discharge which gives a better cop, seems very low to me considering pressure drops through subcooler etc

Magoo
09-02-2012, 11:11 PM
Hi mycom-man.
the oil and water would have seriously slowed things down, have you sorted out where the water is coming from.
The ideal discharge pressure is fine but not acheivable on average, comes down to settings on liquid feeds and hand ex vav settings, select an average and stick with it, the run down timer for condenser fans is a pain but is adjustable. Generally there is a oil drain on LVS vessel and bottom header of coil block

Magoo
09-02-2012, 11:17 PM
Hi Mike Ref.
LOL, these are flooded ammonia coils for -40'C sometimes -50'C freezers, continuous/ long operation periods, possibly 16 hours a day, then defrosted cleaned and restarted. Tonnes of product an hour.

mycom-man
15-02-2012, 06:33 PM
Hi Magoo, not been given a chance to find out about water ingress, usual story from customer, "plant is running fine now, we need to run 24 7 , clear off we will call you if it becomes a problem". There are drains on both coils but none on the vessel! Health and safety here in the uk has gone nuts and as the freezer is in the middle of the factory we have to run certificated blow down lines through the factory production areas to the nearest exit 50M away and they evacuated the factory as a precaution when we had this problem! hence their reluctance to let us carry out maintenance work, whatever happened to the "get a bucket we're going in"?

Magoo
21-02-2012, 01:48 AM
Hi Mycom man.
a bit late replying but does the frigopak have an autopurger, if not then sell them a unit. I can understand the frustrations with regulations and H&S same same here.