PDA

View Full Version : Mitsubishi City Multi PURY-P300 Condenser Coil

Daz man
07-02-2012, 08:53 PM
Hi people,

Just on the off chance that anybody on here has done it before...

I am in the process of removing a condenser coil (heat exchanger in Mitsi language) on a Mitsubishi 'City Multi' on R410a.

Its obviously quite a new unit but the copper passes have split at the bottom of the coil caused by either liquid hammer or vibration.

Where do you start? Is it a case of just slowly removing access panels or is there a certain process in which panels to remove first?

I have google'd this on the off chance there may be a pdf file from Mitsi in the form of an exploded diagram or some kind of assembly plan.

I am lucky enough to have been on the two day 'City Multi' course but the two operation manuals and A4 binders we were given don't shed any light on this.

I know I'm clutching at straws but thought I'd post on here to see if anybody could shed any light on this, before I go back to site.

feedback greatly appreciated.

stufus
07-02-2012, 09:07 PM
Top off ,fan deck off, front off ,back off ,sides off.
Well that's how I do it .
Done a few ,you'll need a side kick to give you a hand.
You'll get an exploded view in the spare parts manual if you have it.Don't have one to hand.
Cheers
Stu

Kev The Tool
07-02-2012, 09:57 PM
pretty much as stu said, ive only a couple but they come apart pretty easily,
Kev

install monkey
07-02-2012, 10:02 PM
take ur time, remove all coil.pipe thermistors and dont overheat the end stubbs-good luck- and enjoy ur trip to the scrap yard

Daz man
07-02-2012, 11:12 PM
Thankful of the feedback gents, much appreciated!! Scrap yard was a must, but had trackers fitted in vehicles last week + doubt it would fit in car!!! Thanks again

JoeAT50A
08-02-2012, 01:08 AM
Just take note of advises from Stufus and IM

Daz man
08-02-2012, 07:10 AM
Ace photo! Cheers very much for that!

install monkey
08-02-2012, 07:38 PM
trackers- when u park up on site- unplug it and leave it on the floor- it has battery back up for 8 hrs- once youve visited the recycling ctr return to site and carefully plug ur tracker black box into the lil connector- be carefull not to bend the pins- othrwise an £80 tamper fee applies- if its fleet smart-make sure u have black duct tape or coloured cable ties from rs as they like to try and prevent this-ps lead round the gps ariel doesnt work-ive tried!- or plan b check for an app for scrap yard locations-or get the apprentice to carry it

Thankful of the feedback gents, much appreciated!! Scrap yard was a must, but had trackers fitted in vehicles last week + doubt it would fit in car!!! Thanks again

monkey spanners
08-02-2012, 08:50 PM
Had a tracker in the van but i eated it :D

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTmrPvg4dnuM_mWw92Z9NtaF7HCdOhF6206Y2GWolDlBRmXl0WLQw

stufus
08-02-2012, 10:06 PM
Surely part of the job description is to remove all waste from site for licensed disposal (cash)
Cheers
Stu