PDA

View Full Version : carrier aquaforce 30xa screw chiller

philjd26
04-02-2012, 10:06 AM
hi

I had issues with one of these the last few days, It seems the economizer does not work properly...
Anyone know how to disable the free cooling?

I had a look in manual and followed the instructions and when ever i tried to disable the free cooling it kept reverting back to the Default of Econimizer disable "NO".

I was asked for pass code which i had and was excepted,however i am wondering is there different level pass code for Engineering mode on these machines??

Also if someone has any detail on the economizer operation would be excellent!!

Cheer fellas

Phil

Grizzly
04-02-2012, 08:17 PM
Hi Phil
I am slightly confused, as far as I understand it. The economiser is nothing to do with free cooling?
It increases your cop and capacity.
Whereas Free cooling is using the condenser and its fans as a "dry cooler!"
So I am not sure what you are asking?
What is the situation that causes you to say the economiser is not working correctly?
Grizzly

philjd26
05-02-2012, 11:35 AM
Hi griz You right sorry, the free cooling pump operation strategy is what I'm looking to know? Econimizer just for increase subcool...So whats the deal with the free cool, as in cycle of refrigerant and what happens to the state of ref through process?? Cheers phil

Grizzly
05-02-2012, 03:56 PM
As carrier explain it!

The economizer operation allow to obtain additional performance in full load (greater than 70% of capacity). In part load,its operation is not necessary as the condenser exchanger performance is optimal. Therefore, the economizer is unusedin part load in order to keep stability of the system. Exceptionally, when condensing temperature temperature is too highand can damage the compressor, economizer operation will then be required.

Phil,
My limited grasp of this is when there is suffiecent "free cooling" Ie the anbient is cold enough for the condenser to function.
A pump circulates the refrigerant around it's circuit, picking up heat from the evap and rejecting it through the temp diffrence in the condenser.

There are trainers on the forum who could do a much better job of explaining I am sure?

I think thats the gist of it? and yes you can disable it!
Option FR_DSBLE in SIO Points.

Grizzly

philjd26
06-02-2012, 07:59 PM
thanks griz

any chance you know the engineering codes??
i cannot seem to disable the free cool through the controller, codes i have are 2222 and 3333

tks phil

Grizzly
06-02-2012, 10:39 PM
thanks griz

any chance you know the engineering codes??
i cannot seem to disable the free cool through the controller, codes i have are 2222 and 3333

tks phil

I am not sure of the codes phil. They may be correct.
I did find this though!

http://www.mediafire.com/?3vknz9yhbpyf38b

Apparantly that is a std board?

By the way phil your private messages box is full, so none can be sent to you.

Grizzly