PDA

View Full Version : Evaporative Cooler Tekelek control

gaskinator_5
03-02-2012, 08:52 AM
A friend asked me to take a look at his evaporative ac on which he had just replaced the fan motor himself due to a short in the windings. The new fan would not run. The control box is a Tekelek 467 and the fan wiring appears to be correct although i cannot see the diagram. I have replaced the fan start capacitor which was down to 19mf instead of 25mf. I have 240v to the fan speed control board and 240v going to the capacitor when the fan has a call but only 118v on the fan start side of the capacitor. The only component on the fan speed control board, apart from the capacitor, is the isolator -ie no logic controllers or resistors. I am unsure if the motor is compatible with the control board as he just took the motor into a shop and asked for a replacement so it could be a different model than original. The motor is a Celair MCE750. I am leaning toward a problem with the Tekelek but am unsure as the pump still runs when called for. If anyone has any suggestions on how to fault find the board or controls or even a wiring diagram for the tekelek or fan motor they would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Joel

Kaiser
03-02-2012, 10:37 AM
Is it a Brivis unit?

gaskinator_5
03-02-2012, 11:05 AM
It's a carrier. probably around eight to ten years old.

Kaiser
03-02-2012, 11:18 AM
Check the attachment and see if it looks like that

gaskinator_5
03-02-2012, 12:36 PM
Fairly similar to the direct wired module. Pretty well confirms that it has been wired properly. I spose it's time to replace the tekelek...

Kaiser
03-02-2012, 11:19 PM
I would power up the fan motor external to the controls first and ensure it runs. Just to be sure.