PDA

View Full Version : Roof Penetration Kits

Jethro Bush
29-01-2012, 05:16 AM
Our company has started using TopHat RoofKits roof penetration kits. They are great for making sure that our pipe work penetrations don't leak. Check out www.tophatroofkits.com (http://www.tophatroofkits.com)

monkey spanners
29-01-2012, 12:57 PM
On the few occasions we've had to run pipes through a roof we have got a roofer in to make an upstand, was on a bigger job not just one splits, the logic being if it leaked it was SEP! (somebody elses problem...)

Interesting link though!

install monkey
29-01-2012, 01:03 PM
8580i use 3 inch rain water pipe with a 90 and 45 bend to create a swan neck, jam it in the 68mm core hole with window packers,foam,and acropol paint- cost about £15

paulg88
29-01-2012, 10:43 PM
We use a simple rubber pipe boot with either a 4" or 6" sewer pipe depending on amount/size of pipes and put a 90 and 45 degree bend on it. They work great with ducts too. Haven't had a leak yet...

cold.man
29-01-2012, 10:54 PM
hi jethro bush

seeing your from new zealand not sure if alot of the commercial roof constructions are the same. alot of the commercial properties in oz when i worked there where colourbond roofs i used to use tophats obviously made to the pitch of the roof and i used to bring the pipes through a dektite.
take a look here....

http://www.qbmdistributors.co.uk/New%20PDF/7%20Flashings%20Rainwater.pdf

cold.man
29-01-2012, 11:01 PM
obviously i used to ensure the pipework was protected with corrie tubing because as we all know well for 1. it looks tidy and for 2. them birds are a pain in the ar....se.

MikeHolm
30-01-2012, 12:44 AM
Have you guys ever found a good coating for armaflex. We have a big problem with racoons and squirrels eating all the insulation off and chewing through the wires. I like the tophat stuff too.

What is corrie tubing?

stufus
30-01-2012, 11:52 PM
Corrugated tubing maybe !!
Cheers
Stu

a/c.nick
31-01-2012, 12:46 AM
i thought that it is law here in nz to use tophat or similar now days? we have been using them for a year now and i think they are bloody good you can get the large 110mm ones now also for the bigger jobs

MikeHolm
31-01-2012, 11:56 AM
Corrugated tubing maybe !!
Cheers
Stu

I was thinking more of a spray plastic. UV safe that could be applied over lengths of insulation. Would be a good business opportunity if it were available.

install monkey
31-01-2012, 05:38 PM
mike do you know how long it took me to train squirrels and raccoons to destroy air con equipment? i started this after the last recession to increase the workload of the fridgies,i also trained birds to poo on condensers to increase service visits,and yes the mice in the condenser fans was my hard doings,currently im training cats to tip condensers over-im awaiting feedback

Have you guys ever found a good coating for armaflex. We have a big problem with racoons and squirrels eating all the insulation off and chewing through the wires. I like the tophat stuff too.

What is corrie tubing?

MikeHolm
31-01-2012, 11:11 PM
Ssssoooo...you are to blame for all this trouble. Leave the cats out of it but i want a 10% kickback from your trained squirrels labours. Imagine the fortune that can be made by following the little rodents around with the repair kits.....haha

Magoo
01-02-2012, 02:32 AM
Seagulls, bleedin'seagulls pick armaflex to bits here, paint it what ever they pick it to bits, now have cover with sheet metal.

MikeHolm
01-02-2012, 10:45 PM
I know there must be a way to easily protect this stuff. Ive been back on 4 roofs in the last 2 weeks fixing insulation.