PDA

View Full Version : No cooling!

sensei
29-01-2012, 02:06 AM
Hi,
I have a Daikin RZQ160 PV4A and a FCQ140PV4A ducted reverse cycle refrigerated system that is not currently cooling the house. The refrigeration mechanic told us that the unit is not 'kicking in to the next level' to effect a greater range of cooling. The current range of difference is only 4 degrees.

He has ordered two 'electronic boards' after consulting the Daikin technical manual. It has been three weeks since and the parts have not arrived. We are sweltering in the heat and getting pretty desperate.

The unit has always given us trouble since day in winter with heating - constantly going into de ice mode but this is the first time in five years that the cooling has played up.

What are these boards and could they be culprit for the poor cooling and constant de icing?

Seeking other opinions.

Cheers
Sensei

r.bartlett
29-01-2012, 09:33 AM
We only have your side of the story but I would get a second opinion from a daikin approved contractor...

AGSelec
29-01-2012, 10:29 AM
I have delt with the guys at daikin in Queensland they are good from my experiences. That is who you rung. ? If not give them a call for a second opinion.

MR Kein
24-02-2012, 10:09 AM
If the unit is not ramping up(kick into next level) you may have a sensor problem. The Daikin Tec should have a Transmisson mointor they can hook up and read all the temps and pressure of the sensors. Also make sure the Heat paste for the outdoor PCB has not dried out. If they replace the PCBs they must renew the paste anyway. Hope this helps.

R. skiffington
12-03-2012, 08:08 AM
Has the engineer checked the refrigerant charge? Being slightly short of refrigerant can cause these symptoms. I'd put money on it not being two boards but we haven't seen the unit or talked to the tech. Going into defrost a lot can be caused by a few things, if the temp coming back to the indoor unit does not rise enough in a set amount of time the unit assumes the outdoor coil is iced up, also too small return air ducting can cause this.