PDA

View Full Version : 950 MT Electric Motor

NETTrainer
28-01-2012, 08:35 PM
Hello - I am new to this forum but looks like many experienced and knowledgeable members. I am hoping to get some assistance with the following issue. I have a supra 950MT. The electric motor would not put out the 230V 3 phase. Problem was resolved by replacing the C1 cap. In researching how this would have caused the problem it became very confusing where the FLASH relay got the 6 volts to flash the winding and how the C1 cap would have caused the electric motor not to generate electricity. Can anyone shed some light on the two questions? Thanks

NT

Robert Hilton
29-01-2012, 09:39 AM
Maybe not the best scan but it should give you an idea. FLR is the flashing relay, the 6v comes from the same source that operates the relay but is run through a resistor (5P 1).
It is advisable to replace all the capaciters for the gennie at the same time if one fails. It is also better if you replace them every 3000 hrs anyway. That includes those for the monophase generator and the ones in the evaporators

NETTrainer
29-01-2012, 02:42 PM
Thanks much. This is a much different but more detailed schematic than I have.

NT

Robert Hilton
29-01-2012, 07:07 PM
What can I say. I've shown you mine, now you show me yours :D
Seriously though, this is a schematic from a European machine
While there may be differences, I'm sure the basics are the same.

IRMechanik
02-02-2012, 12:50 AM
I have no idea how or why the capacitors work but I do know the flash circuit puts 12 volts through a resistor across the windings to establish a residual magnetism in the motor. Most of the time the motor will work with out the flash circuit but it has not been used for extended periods of time the motor may lose it's residual magnetism.

Robert Hilton
02-02-2012, 10:11 PM
The size if the capacitor also determines the voltage dependant on the rpm.
Frogoblock uses a number of capacitor packs to ensure the voltage remains reasonably uniform independant of the rpm.