PDA

View Full Version : Carlyle compound compressor

joe magee
27-01-2012, 07:34 AM
Any idea what the min compressor superheat is for a Carlyle compound compressor?
Can't find that number in the Carlyle paper work.
Needs to be in writing from Carlyle. Thanks

Grizzly
27-01-2012, 09:26 PM

Hi Joe.
I hope the attached helps, page 5 says default is 10F?

Grizzly

joe magee
28-01-2012, 04:53 AM
having issues with these compressors on the top cycle of a CO2 system. Broken discharge valves for one and dirty oil. I know from past experience you cannot last discharge go below 150 psig due to valve flutter. Caryle says 70 condensing and on 407A that would put it below 150. Unfortunatly experience counts for nothing to an engineer of records. they set it what they want. That is why I need numbers from the manufacture. Return gas temp is -9.

Grizzly
28-01-2012, 10:17 AM
Hi Joe.
I cannot find referance to Co2 comp systems?
So you got me there.
You may have success using this link to a selection software programme, however that does not list Co2.

http://www.carlylecompressor.com/corp/details/0,,CLI1_DIV24_ETI1240,00.html

Their Tech. Bulletin 004 refers to minimum condensing temps and rduced gas flows etc.
It may be worth a read?
Good luck Grizzly

joe magee
28-01-2012, 06:25 PM
Thank you for the info Grizzly. Not to concerned about the CO2 side, we are getting that under control. This is our first CO2 using liquid CO2 for the lowtemp cases. As always it's a learning process. We have a couple of stores that have been running for awhile using liquid CO2 for commercial temp and dx CO2 for low temp. The large chains are committed to using CO2. We just completed an nh3/co2 for a customer and that will go online in march, first one I know of in the USA. It's nice being able to be the first to learn this equipment. Not sure how the NH3 will fly here though we will see more CO2.

Regards,
Joe