PDA

View Full Version : How to get to the fan on Daikin A/C?

qwerty1234
26-01-2012, 04:58 PM
Aircon unit in my room is making an irritating tick-tick-tick-tick noise occasionally. It doesn't always happen but when it does it wakes me up, very irritating. The noise will disappear if I push on the outer case so I think something might just be touching the roller fan inside. I've managed to remove the faceplate but am now staring at bits n pieces which I have no idea about

The model is a FTKE25B but I can't find much information on it. It's just a smaller version of the FTKD50 which is in the living room

Could someone provide some instructions on where to go from here so I can get to the roller fan for cleaning?
Cheers

The Viking
26-01-2012, 05:37 PM
The PCB box on the right has to come out and then you will see the fan motor, make sure you isolated the power before you start.

Now, if you decide to take it apart...
The scroll is held on to the motor's shaft with a small allen screw, this has to be undone (and re done) through the grille and the vanes of the scroll.
It is easy to damage or get the scroll out of balance.

Good luck.

:cool:

install monkey
26-01-2012, 09:20 PM
if ur changing the fan motor replace the end bearing too- its tricky-you have to remove the drip tray unplug the louvre motor,fan motor,reciever pcb,coil thermistor and earth tag on the coil-then ensure alignment on fan scroll so theres no rubbing-not a job for a non fridgie=even fridgies pull their face when challenged with this-better to buy ear plugs

Brian_UK
26-01-2012, 11:05 PM
Before you go getting annoyed trying to get the fan and motor out check the discharge vane motor and linkages.

Sometimes the linkage is stuck, or has broken, and the motor will run over the gears, they're only plastic, causing a clicking noise.

monkey spanners
26-01-2012, 11:49 PM
Give the filters a clean if they are dirty, my panasonic wall mount gets a sort of vibraty click/ticky noise when it can't suck any air in through the filter, which happens more often than it should :eek:

The Viking
27-01-2012, 12:24 AM
Give the filters a clean if they are dirty, my panasonic wall mount gets a sort of vibraty click/ticky noise when it can't suck any air in through the filter, which happens more often than it should :eek:

:rolleyes:
All these poor units that has to suffer without proper maintenance.
Just call your local A/C company and get a proper maintenance contract started!
:D

qwerty1234
27-01-2012, 03:06 AM

thanks for the responses everyone

the filters are clean enough, but the roller fan itself is noticeably dusty just looking through the exhaust vent
I'm not looking to replace anything, just hoping that a bit of a clean will do the trick. I'm not too savvy with A/C units whatsoever so maybe I should just leave it alone then?

This is an apartment and i'm renting so in theory the landlord should organise something, but because the tick-tick-tick is a minor issue and is not always there it may not get resolved

The Viking
27-01-2012, 01:20 PM
I'm not too savvy with A/C units whatsoever so maybe I should just leave it alone then?

Sounds like the best option, get your landlord to have someone service it.

:cool:

back2space
29-01-2012, 05:26 AM
thanks for the responses everyone

the filters are clean enough, but the roller fan itself is noticeably dusty just looking through the exhaust vent
I'm not looking to replace anything, just hoping that a bit of a clean will do the trick. I'm not too savvy with A/C units whatsoever so maybe I should just leave it alone then?

This is an apartment and i'm renting so in theory the landlord should organise something, but because the tick-tick-tick is a minor issue and is not always there it may not get resolved

Call the landlord and get someone in to give it a good service and clean out.