PDA

View Full Version : Old versus new

donjuan
25-01-2012, 07:41 AM
G'day gents, spent the last 23 years dealing with commercial refrig+aircon, found myself caught up in the land of the domestic inverter aircon game. Mine site work namely, Daikins actually,
need a bit of a heads up on trouble shooting these little critters.Which method is prefered in finding the fault on the remote control?. They seem to differ greatly from centrifs!

HVACRsaurus
25-01-2012, 08:18 AM
Hi mate, can't exactly help you out with your troubleshooting, but from centrifs to splits - what's the story?

donjuan
25-01-2012, 09:03 AM
Moved to the south of western australia, cooler climes, enough of the city, traffic, people etc...
Able to grow vegies, live off the land, usual tree change scenario. Just sold my own business.
Got offered supervisors role on the mines....

HVACRsaurus
25-01-2012, 09:36 AM
Sure sounds good, my wife is nuts for that Gourmet Farmer show on TV, only problem is split air conditioners are the hardest things on earth to fix :rolleyes:. Good luck.

icemanpaj
25-01-2012, 06:37 PM
Hey mate,
It depends on the age of the units, but assuming they are fairly new hold down the 'Mode' Button + the middle of the Temp Up Down button. The display will change from showing the temp to '00' then use the temp up button to cycle through the letters and numbers till it makes a 2 beep sound. then press the mode button and do the same again on the other digit till you hear a solid Beep.
Actually just follow this link:
http://www.abacusairconditioning.co.uk/Daikin%20Codes.pdf
Cheers mate and happy Australia Day

install monkey
25-01-2012, 11:19 PM
once u find the fault code there is a chart inside the cover-youll have to remove it to see -take out upto 3 screws and unclip the top first-take the filters out and dont damage the louvres-normally inverter failure,short of gas or condensate pump

donjuan
25-01-2012, 11:50 PM
Cheers guys, appreciate the quick response, flying out tomorrow.
Working with high ambients 42-50deg, could be a multitude of faults.
Happy Australia day