PDA

View Full Version : City Multi Heat Pump refrigerant removal, R22

langy
21-01-2012, 11:30 AM
I've been asked to remove all refrigerant, prior to rip out, of 19 x PUHY-250YMF-B with CMB P108ve BC's and various indoor units.
I only have access to the outdoor units and they are in varying states of dis-repair.

I think the BC units should have a common connection on the gas side, so connecting to gas and liquid service valves with my recovery unit, should remove ALL refrigerant , without any trapped pockets of refigerant??? Am I missing anything ?

install monkey
21-01-2012, 11:44 AM
sw 3-6 on -initiates pumpdown mode if u can get a run outta it

langy
21-01-2012, 12:20 PM
Might be able to try it on one or two! Off top of my head there are 3 banks of dip switches with ten toggles and bellow one set with four. Am i correct?
You cant see any probs drawing it all out with recovery on non runners

install monkey
21-01-2012, 12:31 PM
ive looked for ways of driving valves open ,can do it on daikin,have a look through the manual- or see if stufus is playing out
https://rapidshare.com/files/2324274541/puhy200ymfc.pdf;

still learning
21-01-2012, 12:43 PM
hi, on non runners(city multi) i use four hoses , two tee pieces then go to my gauges and then to my reclaim rig, as you can reclaim whats indoors (service ports with valves ) and the outdoor( the 1/4 service ports close nearby) at the same time it may take a while, i always exersice a bit of caution when scrapping old systems that dont run, it is possible to find trapped gas , as i found out the other day.
if its a cold day , i will get some heat onto the accumalator as it will begin to ice up, with a hot air gun, good luck .

langy
21-01-2012, 01:59 PM
hi, on non runners(city multi) i use four hoses , two tee pieces then go to my gauges and then to my reclaim rig, as you can reclaim whats indoors (service ports with valves ) and the outdoor( the 1/4 service ports close nearby) at the same time it may take a while, i always exersice a bit of caution when scrapping old systems that dont run, it is possible to find trapped gas , as i found out the other day.
if its a cold day , i will get some heat onto the accumalator as it will begin to ice up, with a hot air gun, good luck .
Yeah, already done a couple, pressure drops and frosted accumulator.... drawing off sparrow fart quantities of vapour at that point..... good idea about the hot air gun ..thanks

install monkey
21-01-2012, 02:06 PM
use core removing tool for the schraeder cores

stufus
21-01-2012, 05:57 PM
All of the above ,
No need to set dip switches,All valves have small holes in them to prevent refrigerant becoming trapped,and allow for equalisation in off cycle.
Connect to service valves on pipe connections,with cores removed ,lob a small fan heater into the condenser and put the cover back on.
If under pressure to de gas the systems for indoor strip out you could close the valves at the outdoor and reclaim from the indoors and pipe work only ,Then do the outdoors at your leisure.
Cheers
Stu

langy
21-01-2012, 06:45 PM
All of the above ,
No need to set dip switches,All valves have small holes in them to prevent refrigerant becoming trapped,and allow for equalisation in off cycle.
Connect to service valves on pipe connections,with cores removed ,lob a small fan heater into the condenser and put the cover back on.
If under pressure to de gas the systems for indoor strip out you could close the valves at the outdoor and reclaim from the indoors and pipe work only ,Then do the outdoors at your leisure.
Cheers
Stu
Yes under pressure, but cant get downstairs.....asbestos removal ....thanks Stu and guys for your input

soleowner
05-02-2012, 12:04 AM
One IDU's and BC, the LEV's are never fully closed. Recommend to 'spin up" via Maintenance Tool. Spin up to max setting then power off the ODU and subject unit. The LEV will be stuck in that position.

BC has bypass valves, so even if the ports are closed, the refrigerant can still be remove. Recommend spinning up the LEV's and opening the ports to decrease recovery time. Same as above.

All work should be done at the ODU.