PDA

View Full Version : Refrigerant recovery system

Dns
30-10-2005, 12:44 PM
Hi,

Have anyone of you DIY refrigerant recovery system, how can this be done. Are we able to purify 100%.

Fri3Oil System
15-04-2010, 12:12 PM
Hi DNS,

we produce a cleaning system that also can recover and recycle any halocarbon refrigerant.

The purity of recycled refrigerants is less than 600ppm in the worst of cases, which is R-22, due to its miscibility with the own compressor of our system.

I'll be glad to give you more details.

Tesla
15-04-2010, 01:53 PM
For a diy you can use a small condensing unit with filter driers. You need to be careful of oil so if you are only recovering say r22 use and r22 condensing unit and install a burnout drier/suction line filter before compressor. Most recovery units use (vertually) oilless compressors. Also an oil seperator is used.
One company I worked for used a giant still to clean R11 with an open drive compressor. It really depends on how much you want to recover and how portable the unit needs to be. I guess if it is for smaller units you would be best to buy a reclaim unit. If it is for recovering refrigerant from chillers in buildings you could build one that would work faster than the common reclaim units on the market.

chemi-cool
15-04-2010, 02:38 PM
If there was no demand for recovery units, they wouldn't be around.

I don't see why not to buy one good unit. They come with a special oil less compressor that can handle liquid, build in oil separator that pushes the oil out to a small container.
All you have to change is the small inlet filter.

We don't need to build ourselves every gadget for work when the machine that was designed and built for that purpose is in a distance of a phone call.