PDA

View Full Version : Denco AC

Fridge in Focus
18-01-2012, 06:58 PM
Hi Guys, can anyone advise on a Denco AC problem?

I've been working on a Denco unit in a Comms room. To cut a long story short, I've repaired a gas leak after recovering the original gas, charged the unit to the charge shown on the name plate..... but still getting a flashing site glass and frosting up distribution lines to the evap... all the signs show short of gas... even though I've charged allot more gas into the system than the system should hold!. The valve power head and orifice cage have been replaced recently. The info for the Valve says it's factory set and shouldn't really be adjusted. Would I get the above symptoms if the unit was over charged, but the Valve head needed adjusting to improve the superheat? (flashing site glass and frosting up distribution lines?) I'm on R134a, the unit is running at 10psig low side and 150psig high side! My gut feeling says short of gas? Any advise? many thanks! FIF

charlie patt
18-01-2012, 08:16 PM
is it on a remote condensor

install monkey
18-01-2012, 08:26 PM
message denco technical or Rob Woodworth
GEA Denco Technical Support
rob.woodworth@geagroup.com

Fridge in Focus
19-01-2012, 07:40 AM
Hi Charlie,

Yes it's on a remote condensor....

charlie patt
19-01-2012, 09:16 PM
weight is for unit and condensor not the pipe run if on fan speed control lock it to high speed and check glass if it has a recevier carry out a overcharge test but i doubt it does suction as you said is to low head is ok almost like its on a fan speed control

Fridge in Focus
20-01-2012, 07:52 AM
Got there in the end! Dryer was partly blocked!

Denco Technical
31-05-2012, 02:54 PM
Glad its sorted.

Gideon Beddows
07-06-2012, 04:12 PM
Sounds like the drier might be blocked? Check the drier? :D

install monkey
07-06-2012, 08:01 PM
its been running since january!!! haha- probably got dirty filter alarm by now!! :o

Sounds like the drier might be blocked? Check the drier? :D