PDA

View Full Version : Bosch Classixx Undercounter freezer.Problem?

SunnyJim63
14-01-2012, 11:51 AM
Hi. My freezer does not seem to be working properly. It has a temperature dial on the front that I keep setting to -20 deg. But the problem is the temperature dial after a day or so keeps falling to -18v - -16 deg. I have to press the fast freeze button regular to get it to work and stay at -20 deg. Is this a problem that I can fix myself? or have an engineer to fix or buy a new one...

monkey spanners
14-01-2012, 12:19 PM
If its a mechanical stat and its setting is changing it is either of two things,

1, someone is changing it when you aren't looking.

2, the thermostat is possesed by a malevolent spirit or naga.

If its not one of those frost free creations then i'd defrost it first and then see how it goes, if there is a lot of ice on the pipes that do the cooling it can stop the cold getting out and so the freezer gets too warm.

SunnyJim63
14-01-2012, 03:44 PM
Haha. No. No-one is changing the temp control. The temp is dropping but the motor doesn't kick in until i press the quick freeze button.

monkey spanners
14-01-2012, 04:50 PM
Try a new thermostat if its a mechanical one, if its some new fangled electronic do dah i wouldn't have a clue without it being in front of me (mostly work on comercial stuff so out of touch with modern domestic stuff).

Our resident domestic expert is on the naughty step so won't be posting for a while....

Might be worth a try on the UK Whitegoods forum.

Jon :)

SunnyJim63
14-01-2012, 08:38 PM
Would that be the PC board [0118]
No thermostat on Freezer.

SunnyJim63
14-01-2012, 08:54 PM
BTW Thanks for your help Jon.

SunnyJim63
20-01-2012, 01:35 PM
I think I've found out the problem. It was overheating due to being next to a condenser dryer that was pounding out lots of heat and the freezer did not have enough air circulation to cool down. So I've swapped the fridge and freezer around and found that both work happily now...