PDA

View Full Version : Midea VRF heating performance

DEVIL
13-01-2012, 08:25 AM
Hello
I have a vast experience with Daikin and Mitsubishi VRV/VRF
Now i have one client that can not afford Mitsubishi or Daikin
The alternative is Midea with 1/4 of the price, now the question how dose Midea heading performance (only heating source) handle the reality.
If you go judging by the marketing and technical documentation it should do close to Daikin and Mitsubishi, nut i would like your opinion on real facts
In theory it is difficult for me to believe that you can do a product at 1/4 of it's price and have the same performance, or even close.

So how dose it behave in heating ?

r.bartlett
13-01-2012, 01:00 PM
Get someone else to spec it and you fit it and keep the warranty as short as possible:-)

ademps
15-01-2012, 09:43 PM
1/4 of price =4times the trouble.allegedly midea are rebadged units from china.same as deer.dont get me started on those heaps.run away

stufus
15-01-2012, 10:08 PM
Midea Air con are tied in with Toshiba carrier on VRF development and production since 2008.
Toshiba licenced them to use it's R410a DC inverter technology in their products.
So in all likelihood it's going to re-badged Toshiba gear from the previous generation of machinery.
The Tosh stuff isn't the worst.
Draw your own conclusions
Cheers
Stu

DEVIL
16-01-2012, 06:51 AM
Interesting replays, i don't know about midea an tochiba, nut as you can see from the specifications, there use Copeland scroll, or hitachi for inverter
Now i really don't know what to do, I'm exactly in the middle probably they can't out perform the hi performance brands, but the client dose not want to pay that much.
Isn't there any one that did this type of install or serviced a installation of this type and has an opinion exactly on how the perform ?
We usually like to make good installs and don't like if there are problems afterworlds

stufus
16-01-2012, 09:36 PM
Midea and Toshiba join forces....
http://www.ejarn.jp/Type_news_inside2.asp?id=11286&classid=15
C (http://www.ejarn.jp/Type_news_inside2.asp?id=11286&classid=15)heers
Stu

The Viking
16-01-2012, 09:54 PM
Another way to look at the answers you received, or rather haven't received, on this thread is that if (OK, when) things go wrong with a Midea VRF there aren't many experienced engineers with knowledge about these units...

What technical support can you expect from Midea in Romania?
As long as they are able to help you and answer all your questions it might not be too bad but otherwise?

:cool:

DEVIL
23-01-2012, 07:51 AM
10q for your help.
As for the tec department i have no clue about Midea but i believe the best tec department is your own skills, hopefully there won't be any need for that.
As a conclusion i will offer them the Midea brand, and if the project will be realized i will let you know about mi conclusions and problems
Best regards

Kev The Tool
23-01-2012, 07:20 PM
i have installed midea vrf once and it is SH*T, tell the customer 1/4 the price but 4 times the problems, no tech support and no readily available spares, avoid it like the plague!!!
Kev

soleowner
26-05-2012, 01:14 AM
Excellent thread. One of the best ways to determine the quality of VRF system is by how the performance holds up in low ambient conditions for Heating then cooling.