PDA

View Full Version : Brand new Daikin split not heating/cooling

r0ss
12-01-2012, 04:04 PM
Hi guys, just wondered if anyone could give some suggestions to this little problem i have. A colleague installed a brand new wall mounted split with a 15m pipe run right before christmas. After pressure testing/vaccing and additional refrig (100grams). he ran it up but whilst the fan ran, he wasnt getting any temperature difference off the coil.

He was layed off over christmas so fast forward to today and im sent to site to find out what the deal is.

Standing pressure is 150psi

On heating it rises to 275psi and am getting a warm suction line but not as hot as it should be.
On cooling, the blasted thing pumped itself down with the valves open?

So i thought there must be a blockage in the liquid line.

Turned the unit off and the pressure slowly equalised and then i reclaimed the refrig. Blasted nitro through the suction and came back through liquid, first with high pressure and then a lower pressure to see if there was any restriction - it stopped the minute i turned off the flow - no blockage on the 2 brazes/bends. Even blew it with my mouth and got it going through easily.

Vacced the system out again, weighed in some fresh 410a i had in a near empty bottle and got the same issues again.

Its a simple split so there is only so many things it could be.

Im looking at it being a dodgy expansion valve. Anything i could do to try and free it to allow the flow of refrig? or am i better off replacing it with a brand new valve and save anything happening like this in the future.

Bearing in mind its a brand new unit - should Daikin just replace the whole condenser?

aircool
12-01-2012, 05:49 PM
no model numbers???u blew it with ur mouth,plenty of moisture in there now :D

r0ss
12-01-2012, 06:43 PM
:confused:

Outdoor model number is RX35JV1B

:)

Steven_AC
12-01-2012, 08:11 PM
How much refrigerant did you recover?
Hope your going to triple vac it!

stufus
13-01-2012, 01:03 AM
Do these units have a pump down enable setting on them.
Is it on??
Cheers
Stu

install monkey
14-01-2012, 12:19 AM
theres a lil pusshbutton on the outdoor to pump it down

Tayters
14-01-2012, 05:09 PM
It sounds like the expansion valve isn't opening as you suggest. You could try powering off/on several times. Each time the unit should try and open and shut the EEV to get it in a referanced position so if it is stuck it might then free itself. The same time it should make a clicking noise as it opens and closes.
No noise means valve not moving so need to check resistance of EEV coils. Failing that, as the unit is faulty out the box then a call to the distributor to check where to go with regards to their warranty procedure.

From my experience if a unit doesn't run up when first installed then wholesaler supplies an new unit, but not sure about Daiken though.

Cheers,
Andy.

AbsoluteWDJ
14-01-2012, 11:39 PM
Hi guys, just wondered if anyone could give some suggestions to this little problem i have. A colleague installed a brand new wall mounted split with a 15m pipe run right before christmas. After pressure testing/vaccing and additional refrig (100grams). he ran it up but whilst the fan ran, he wasnt getting any temperature difference off the coil.

He was layed off over christmas so fast forward to today and im sent to site to find out what the deal is.

Standing pressure is 150psi

On heating it rises to 275psi and am getting a warm suction line but not as hot as it should be.
On cooling, the blasted thing pumped itself down with the valves open?

So i thought there must be a blockage in the liquid line.

Turned the unit off and the pressure slowly equalised and then i reclaimed the refrig. Blasted nitro through the suction and came back through liquid, first with high pressure and then a lower pressure to see if there was any restriction - it stopped the minute i turned off the flow - no blockage on the 2 brazes/bends. Even blew it with my mouth and got it going through easily.

Vacced the system out again, weighed in some fresh 410a i had in a near empty bottle and got the same issues again.

Its a simple split so there is only so many things it could be.

Im looking at it being a dodgy expansion valve. Anything i could do to try and free it to allow the flow of refrig? or am i better off replacing it with a brand new valve and save anything happening like this in the future.

Bearing in mind its a brand new unit - should Daikin just replace the whole condenser?

Did you check both shut off valves were fully open?

r0ss
03-03-2012, 06:49 PM
Long time since i last posted but just an update.

Replaced expansion valve to no success so in the end Daikin sent down another unit which worked first time. Wonder if we will hear back from Daikin when/if they diagnose the problem.

Havnt been too happy with Daikin recently.. We installed a brand new cassette the other week with a pin hole leak on the silver solder between the unit and flare nut...

r.bartlett
04-03-2012, 10:09 AM
Long time since i last posted but just an update.

Replaced expansion valve to no success so in the end Daikin sent down another unit which worked first time. Wonder if we will hear back from Daikin when/if they diagnose the problem.

Havnt been too happy with Daikin recently.. We installed a brand new cassette the other week with a pin hole leak on the silver solder between the unit and flare nut...

Daikin are living off their name and have been since the mid 2000's