PDA

View Full Version : High Oil Consumption

pushkar sharma
05-01-2012, 05:41 AM
hiii to all

I am using Mycom K- Series Compressor in India. Model is N6K. with my own oil Seprator. now i am facing high oil consumption Problem in the compressor. It is about 2.0 to 2.5 L/day
Please tell me Problem and cause for the same.

Thank you

mbc
05-01-2012, 06:39 PM
what is the oil type? and what is the oil Temp.
do you have oil cooler ? what is the input and output temp. for oil .
how you design the oil separator ?
does oil return through oil float valve? is it working. or you used solenoid valve ? is it working .

pushkar sharma
06-01-2012, 05:59 AM
oil type is seetul 68(hindustan Petrolium)it is a refrigeration oil. oil temp is around 35C.
I am also using oil cooler and oil separator. oil separaotor does not have oil return line.
i have another compressor MYCOM N4L that is running smoothly without any oil consumption.

RANGER1
06-01-2012, 07:11 AM
oil type is seetul 68(hindustan Petrolium)it is a refrigeration oil. oil temp is around 35C.
I am also using oil cooler and oil separator. oil separaotor does not have oil return line.
i have another compressor MYCOM N4L that is running smoothly without any oil consumption.

So pushkar if you have a oil seperator with no oil return to sump of compressor, why have a oil sererator at all?

"Normally" oil seperator seperates oil & returns it to sump of compressor with a float type valve or orifice so as not to pressurize sump.

pushkar sharma
06-01-2012, 07:17 AM
as i have the oil seprator common for both N6K and N4L ?.
why oil consumption is only in N6K does it all because of no return line?

mbc
06-01-2012, 07:28 AM
Hi Ranger1

you right,
Also sharma it is dangerous in long time running for damaging system.
oil inside oil separator comes more and more and when it reach to out let pipe might we have hammering in pipe and it breaks piping system.So immediately put oil return pipe ( do not forget putting filter on it).

mbc
06-01-2012, 07:39 AM
might the ring of that is new , also N6K and N4K has a different design .

if oil separator is common for two system you have to connect oil return for both compressor with oil system balancing on that. (automatic or manual )

pushkar sharma
06-01-2012, 08:04 AM
please tell me what is the Mycom Standard oil lift both type???

RANGER1
06-01-2012, 08:53 AM
please tell me what is the Mycom Standard oil lift both type???

Mycom would be the only ones who could verify amount of oil usage.

It will depend on compressor speed, hours run per day, condition of compressor, suction superheat/discharge temperature, oil type etc.

I don't think it is super excessive, but if it never used oil like the 4K & now does its obvious something is wrong.

It is ideal that oil seperator has oil return line , preferably with a float type.
Because you have 2 compressors on a common oil seperator it can be more complicated to balance oil return, unless you do it manually, returning oil to compressor that needs it.

What refrigerant is in your system?
Is it a new compressor?

Brian_UK
07-01-2012, 12:00 AM
I do not understand how you can expect an oil separator to work without an oil return line.

You have not designed an oil separator you have built an oil reservoir.

http://www.sporlanonline.com/110-136_012002.pdf

http://www.sporlanonline.com/110-10_012008.pdf

ammoniabreath
16-01-2012, 10:55 PM
put an oil return to both compressor sumps. Fit a float to both compressor crank cases, this ensures correct oil levels in each compressors.
Try this link it should help http://www.grozholod.ru/media/pdf/cat_automatics__AC&R.pdf

Sandro Baptista
18-01-2012, 10:28 AM
As our colleagues just say you must connect an oil return line and and a oil level balancing system to the cranckcase compressors.

What are the operating regime of each compressor? How much hours per day works each compressors? Are the compressors connected to the same suction line?

What's the refrigerant and the feeding system?