PDA

View Full Version : few questions

abbasi
28-10-2005, 07:10 AM
hi
I need DX coil software badly which can calculate 3/8" and 5/8" DX coils

also i have few questions first is

Can we use 1/4" sight glass in liquid line that is 3/4"
We are trying to use DANFOSS EXP VALVE but their ends are of steel and we have refrigerant piping of copper. how is brazing to be done.

Awaitin quick reply

Note I have PSYCHOMETRIC ASHRAE CHART registered version 15 MB. those who have limit of in their inbox i can mail them
Regards

Engineer Ali Abbasi

BESC5240
28-10-2005, 07:41 AM
Hi,
about your questions:
1. Yes you can, but don't put the sight glass in the 3/4" line, but put in a small line parallel to the major liquid line. (see attachment)
2. What kind of TEV is it? Is it a TUA (which are in stainless steel but have bi-metal connections for fast and easy soldering to cupper)?

lana
28-10-2005, 07:43 AM
There is a software from USA Coils which they give with thier catalouge (Free). You can design DX coils with it but I found that it is not very reliable.
If you use 1/4" sight glass in a 3/4" liquid line then you will end up with a large pressure drop across the sight glass which will vaporize some of the liquid.:o

US Iceman
28-10-2005, 02:18 PM
I have PSYCHOMETRIC ASHRAE CHART registered version 15 MB. those who have limit of in their inbox i can mail them

I believe this software is coyright protected by ASHRAE, I would not recommend sending copies of this. Especially since you have your name attached to the offer.:o

selvaraj
16-07-2006, 11:23 AM
Hi,
I am fresh HVAC engineer.i have PSYCHOMETRIC chart old one (from my college book).pl. fwd the PSYCHOMETRIC ASHRAE CHART to my mail selva_sraj@hotmail.com
thanking you.
regards
selvaraj

NoNickName
16-07-2006, 11:28 AM
There is an appropriate brazing material for steel to copper lap joint. Ask your supplier for details. Please note that TUBE TXVs have copper plating on the inside of steel.