PDA

View Full Version : What Do You Have To Do To Get Started ...

GWPointer
04-01-2012, 03:31 PM
Hi,

I have qualified as an AC and Refrigeration Engineer since leaving the Forces after over 20 years of service. I gained some experience in Air Conditioning when working in hotter climates but this was only at the most basic of levels. Having now settled in the North East I have tried sending my CV to local companies which I have tracked down using Internet searches. My main problem is that, although 40 years old I have no relevant experience in the civilian field.

I am keen and committed, hold the F-Gas J11, Pipework & Brazing, Essential Electrics, Refrigeration Electrics and 17th Edition qualifications so do not feel that technical qualifications are the drawback.

Whilst I am not really prepared to work for peanuts I am prepared to work at a trainee wage for a short period to show that I can be a benefit to any future employer. All advice, assistance and help will be gratefully received.

Gary

Brian_UK
04-01-2012, 11:10 PM
I don't know your area but is it worth trying some of the larger FM companies which might take you on under the 'multi-skilled' banner?

Also, welcome to the forum and good luck in your searches.