PDA

View Full Version : Chinese Air Conditioners

Abe
15-08-2001, 06:43 PM
Many of you will have recieved a "flyer" with your Ref mags on the new air conditioners from the Far East, mainland China. Im not mentioning names here.
They certainly look good and seem comparable to whats available from the big names.
The pricing however is designed to cut the legs off the competition. Im not complaining, in fact I welcome it. What do members think?

Brian_UK
15-08-2001, 11:11 PM
My feelings on this type of product marketing and maybe the product itself (I haven't seen the flyer) coupled with your separate thread about Government registration are somewhat open.

If it is a good product it should almost sell itself however there will always be some aprehension regarding an untried product. Does it work?, for how long will it work?, what is the warranty support like? etc.

Going back to the registration thing, I remember shortly after getting my first CORGI (nat gas safety in UK) and my refrigerant safe handling ticket there was similar talk. What happens? the local Depot/B&Q/Wallmart type stores started selling air conditioning units over the counter for the local plumber to fit (no offence at plumbers by the way).

So is this where these products will be marketed one wonders.

doogdoog
21-11-2001, 01:41 AM
Aloha, if they are using R12 as the refrigerant then I think this is very unfair since producing R12 is illegal here in the USA and should not import air conditioners that uses it.

Mahalo,
doogdoog

lin
24-03-2002, 02:36 PM
doogdoog,
It is impossiable to find a ac using R12 even in mainland China.

Lin
from China.

CPboy
20-07-2010, 01:39 AM
i think the trick of china AC manufacturers here in my part of the world is they sell the AC as a 3, or 5 or even 7.5tonner, but the compressors they use are undersize. like for a 3tonner, they would install a compressor only producing 28,000btu, or a 5tonner would only have a compressot of 54,000btu so on and on, that's how they are able to sell at a lower costs aside from using generic parts and compresors.