PDA

View Full Version : sauermann SI 3200 mini condensate pump

JOKU
30-12-2011, 12:14 PM
hi there just started a job for one of my friend installing a 7Kw Mitsubishi high wall split system, while connecting a condensate pump to the head unit pumping condensates onto the exterior roofing. i know the pump can be wired into the head unit but in the past it has caused grief and inconvenience for the customers, mostly the vibration and loud clicking noise, if so can the pump be located inside the roof spacing and wired back the mains board or can the lead be extended can j-boxed inside roof, any suggestions would be great

install monkey
30-12-2011, 12:50 PM
the sauerman delta kit comes with trunking to mount next to the unit-it is quiet,comes with a rubber mount to prevent noise from travelling through a stud wall,it must be gravity and comes with a 2yr warranty,theyre quieter than mini limes but take a bit longer to install

Mick13
31-12-2011, 12:02 AM
the mini limes are horrible, noisy as hell and fail often.... but the similar sauerman pumps iv never had a problem with....

the drain from the unit must flow down to the pump, ie. the pump must be gravity fed, then u can go up from the pump.

as far as power goes, u should be able to run from elsewhere, as long as its protected/electrical laws are followed. If you get the power from the indoor unit, make sure you pick up from the right terminals, dont just assume its terminals 1 & 2, iv seen it done....

So yeah just make sure the drain runs downhill to the pump and u can pick up power from the outdoor unit if u want

JOKU
01-01-2012, 11:15 PM
thanks mick13 for the reply,

if I was getting power from the outdoor unit what cabling would be suitable to link into the pump or just link it into interconnecting cable? do you install your pumps inside roof spacing to reduce noise levels

Mick13
02-01-2012, 12:45 AM
In my opinion it is best to get the power from wherever the mains are supplied to the unit (usually the outdoor unit) and you should use the same size cable as the mains are supplied with. so if its a 20amp circuit and the mains are supplied with 2.5mm, u should run the same to the pump.

as far as location goes, generally with high wall splits u dont have much option for location, as the pump needs to be gravity fed from the unit (ie. u cant put the pump higher than the unit).

This generally doesnt leave much option.... if u have a roof space that is lower than the unit and the drain will fall effectively to it, then feel free to put it there, keep in mind accessibility for maintenance too.

install monkey
02-01-2012, 12:49 AM
http://www.airconspares.com/sauermann-delta-pack-elbow-pump-p-1354.html
power it off the indoor isolator/spur as it pulls less than 50watts and the fuse in the outdoor unit will cope with the additional load

Greengrocer
05-01-2012, 10:37 AM
Not sure if this make of pump is available in AUS but it's the quietest elbow pump I've come across.

http://www.flowatchpumps.com/uk/flowatch_design.php

Wire into indoor unit local isolator. It also has an alarm circuit which can be wired to stop the indoor unit in the event of a pump failure. One point of interest, we use / fit non-switched fused spur local isolators for the indoor units to stop users turning the init off at the isolator. If they can can do this then the pump is also isolated which can cause leaks if condensate continues to run off the coil after the indoor unit has stopped. To work on the indoor unit yuo just need to pop out the fuse.

The only snag that I've found on this pump is that the trunking size / clearance around the elbow area is tight for the pipework sizes that you get on the larger systems above 5kW e.g. 5/8 & 3/8 - especially if you use thicker wall pipework insulation.
Generally we only use elbow pumps for commercial installs.

There are also some mini / micro pumps available that are small enough to fit inside the indoor high wall units. This gives you option of taking the pipe-work out the rear of the unit & up vertically inside a stud wall. A bit more time consumming but it's much better aesthetically with no elbow pump showing on the wall which is what you would want for a domestic install.