PDA

View Full Version : questions

parry
27-10-2005, 01:17 PM
some of the questions being asked i feel are not from time served engineers as some of the questions being asked are of a basic nature and i wonder if some people are just playing at it no offence i have been a engineer for 26yrs and yes i still get stuck sometimes :confused:

frank
27-10-2005, 08:42 PM
Hi Parry

Yes, some members are still learning and they ask what seems to be basic questions - but - if you don't ask, you don't learn.

After 7 posts on the forum, I think maybe you ought to give it a little more time before making such statements. I'm not having a go just trying to point out that we all have different levels of expertise and some of us, with more experience, can help those that ask for help.

Welcome to the forum and I hope that you will stay and impart some of your knowledge to those that are still learning the basics. Even I, and others, who have been in the trade for most of our lives, still have things to learn. Most of the members here are willing to give advice or make comment without being judgemental and in return receive thanks and gratitude from those less knowledgable. This is a friendly forum, I hope it remains that way. :)

chemi-cool
27-10-2005, 08:49 PM
Nice words Frank,
I'm with you.

Chemi:)

frank
27-10-2005, 08:51 PM
Hi Chemi - I thought you were away to Cyprus :confused:

Abe
27-10-2005, 09:08 PM
Yes, Me too , thinking that Chemi is on holiday.............have you tracked down an internet cafe Chem??? :) :)

I was going to respond to the initial post, but didnt do so, so glad Frank echoed my sentiments.....

Yes, we have the seasoned pros, we have the stragglers........we have all sorts here.....

All asking and learning, some ask basic stuff, some advanced stuff, and some guys put down formulas!!!!!

:D :D

Others rant, some rave some are plain silly and stupid............some get ejected!!!

So............Welcome aboard and join the party!!!!!

:) :)

eggs
27-10-2005, 10:37 PM
and it's that time of year where i'm a sub-contract ducter again.

cheers

eggs

Lc_shi
28-10-2005, 02:33 AM
The life is a process of learning,isn't? Any expert have some blank area,any green hand could teach old guys some things-:).
I like this forum for you can freely express your idea not worrying anybody laugh at it. It's a warmer and friendlier place than the reality world-:p

happy weekend
LC

botrous
29-10-2005, 01:01 AM
some of the questions being asked i feel are not from time served engineers as some of the questions being asked are of a basic nature and i wonder if some people are just playing at it no offence i have been a engineer for 26yrs and yes i still get stuck sometimes :confused:

Hi Parry , not all engineers have your experinece , some have more some less and some don't have any . . . this forum is a friendly place of interchange between engineers from different experience levels and different backgrounds of education . . . I'm sure that from your experience many can benefit so we are happy to have such an experienced engineer among us . Welcome

Regards

parry
29-10-2005, 05:00 PM
What I Was Trying To Say U R Supposed To Be Qualified Tradesmen After All U R Dealing With Pressurised Vessels When Someone Hurts Themselves Or Somebody Else By Guessing Its To Late

eggs
29-10-2005, 05:13 PM
And you are supposed to construct sentences without using capital letters for every word U R.:eek:

Professional :( tut tut tut.....

cheers

eggs

Abe
29-10-2005, 06:41 PM
What I Was Trying To Say U R Supposed To Be Qualified Tradesmen After All U R Dealing With Pressurised Vessels When Someone Hurts Themselves Or Somebody Else By Guessing Its To Late

Define " Qualified tradesman"
The definition has many meanings.........

Is it a certificate on the wall??
Is it practical experience
Is it theory in the head
Is it self motivation and self taught?

And if you trying to say something.........

Say it, Define it........
So there is some form of comprehension......

People on these boards are on the whole generally skilled persons

They come here to enhance their expertise

People with no interest in this industry dont usually bother.......

And when they do, the first thing that is always pointed out to them is SAFETY

So, this forum performs a very useful function

botrous
29-10-2005, 10:07 PM
So, this forum performs a very useful function

Totally agreeeeeee :)

botrous
29-10-2005, 10:08 PM
Once bitten by a snake, you are even frightened by a rope that resembles a snake.

You are right . . . some don't need to be bitten to get afraid ....

rbartlett
30-10-2005, 06:53 PM
[QUOTE=Marc O'Brien]taught I have to say that certificates and all that don't mean much to me. QUOTE]

this is only because daikin won't give you one...i note you treasure the hitachi one and have pinned it up in your dining room at home....

cheers

richard

frank
30-10-2005, 07:25 PM
i note you treasure the hitachi one and have pinned it up in your dining room at home....

HaHaHa - I like that thought :D

botrous
30-10-2005, 10:33 PM
this Hitachi - Daikin , Marc - Richart battle will never have an end . . . . .

Abe
31-10-2005, 06:00 AM
It will end. abruptly, the day Marc finds a fault with a Hitachi......

or, some unknowing Hitachi soul decides to battle his wits with the likes of our Marc.......

then it will be love and roses for dear Daikin..............or Fujitsu, or Blue Crown.............or Wok, stir Fry brand..........

Manoj Menon
31-10-2005, 08:46 AM

Dear Sir,

I am a new member and viewing the site regularly. Also giving replies as per my experience.

But i still could not send a queries/ Post my doubts.
i request you to teach me the procedures.
Tx and Regards
Manoj Menon.