PDA

View Full Version : Be careful! In Russia, the oxygen cylinder exploded at the master refrigerator repair

andrlif
24-12-2011, 09:32 PM
November 22 this year in Russia, in St. Petersburg from the master to repair domestic refrigerators oxygen cylinder exploded. Cylinder was 1 liter, examined by the working pressure 250 bar cylinder, but the cylinder was loaded with up to 170 bar. The man disconnected the empty cylinder connected the complete, slowly opened the valve to check the cylinder pressure per the pressure gauge and the explosion occurred.Valve with reducer punched a hole in the car and flew off in an unknown direction. The explosion shattered the man hand (well, that he was in shock myself unable to put a bandage to stop bleeding), and later at the hospital amputated hand. In the wizard experience over 30 years. Be careful!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKiJKkxkb7s&list=UUBhpwL7rCmnbG_GeGVvh1qQ&index=5&feature=plcp

sedgy
25-12-2011, 02:02 PM
hi andrilif, this sounds like there was oil on the oxy bottles regulater= not recomended
regards, sedgy,

andrlif
25-12-2011, 02:16 PM
hi andrilif, this sounds like there was oil on the oxy bottles regulater= not recomended
regards, sedgy,

Hi sedgy, i've think they know that it is impossible to avoid contact of hydrocarbons (oil, grease, etc.) with oxygen. I repeat - the master - an experienced, 30 years working with oxygen. By results of examination of the explosion was due to metal fatigue cylinder.

chemi-cool
25-12-2011, 04:34 PM
By law, I have to test my oxy cylinder every 5 years or I cant fill it.

And you just don't fill oxy bottles in the boot!!!

andrlif
25-12-2011, 06:56 PM
And you just don't fill oxy bottles in the boot!!!
In the boot he don't fill the oxygen bottle. Сonversely, replaced in the welding station empty oxygen bottle to full.

nike123
25-12-2011, 08:59 PM
Accidents happens even with all safety measures. Sad facts of life.