PDA

View Full Version : Refrigerator Vibration And Backflow

GHCGY
26-10-2005, 11:32 PM
I have a domestic refrigerator which periodically starts to vibrate and make a lot of noise immediately after the compressor shuts down. The compressor vibrates agressively for a couple of minutes after the compressor shuts down. Unplugging the refrigerator confirms that the compressor is not running during this vibration and noise event. Do I assume correctly that a compressor discharge check valve is failing to seat and allowing reverse flow of refrigerant through the compressor?

Thanks.

chemi-cool
27-10-2005, 07:22 AM
Hi GHCGY,

In the shell, the motor is seating on three springs.
When one brakes, and it can happened, you get this bang on the inner side of the shell.

You can replace it if the noise bothers you at night when it stops, or let it run.

It is any indication of a discharge valve failure, in that case, you will have no cooling at all.

Chemi:)

Abe
27-10-2005, 09:41 PM
I have a domestic refrigerator which periodically starts to vibrate and make a lot of noise immediately after the compressor shuts down. The compressor vibrates agressively for a couple of minutes after the compressor shuts down. Unplugging the refrigerator confirms that the compressor is not running during this vibration and noise event. Do I assume correctly that a compressor discharge check valve is failing to seat and allowing reverse flow of refrigerant through the compressor?

Thanks.

Is the vibration from the compressor?? or do you get a howling windy noise like arctic winds???