PDA

View Full Version : Toshiba Super-Multi MAR-F105HTM8-PE

Jase
21-12-2011, 10:44 AM
Gents,

We have site where we have experienced compressor failure. Compressor was replaced and system re-commissioned. Upon test run, the system is satisfactory in cooling mode. However, when in heating, system pumps down. The expansion valve (mechanical type) was found to be the culprit. This has been replaced, but system still pumping down. The only other cause could be related to 4 way valve.
Appreciate any input of past experience on these systems.

Jase

install monkey
21-12-2011, 08:40 PM
them tosh's suffer from solonoid coils burning out in the multi boxes thus no heating,cooling ok and the occasional alarm on a 21 fault, sanagigoya coils are 12quid each or 60 quid from toshiba( when energised the coil opens and lets heat throgh)- but more likely who ever fitted the 4way valve has prob cooked it-whats the gauge pressure in heating mode? u can read pipe temps off the outdoor or the multibox

Jase
01-01-2012, 11:47 PM
Yes, I can recall having issues previously with the controller boxes. Solenoid valves would burn out rather easily and also took out the PCB too! This was a few years ago though.

quigmeister
27-02-2012, 07:33 AM
Just last week i replaced the pcb and solenoid on one of these systems. Fault cured! My head always drops when i have to work on these systems they seem riddled with faults.