PDA

View Full Version : Altherma

langy
20-12-2011, 08:06 PM
We have been asked to give a price for installing some Altherma domestic, high temp, air to water units for a new customer.
I haven't fitted, or had any training on these type of units and cant get any training until Feb.
Customer is new to this work also, but needs to put a quote in A S A P.
Could anyone give me an estimation of the time/involvement to fit and commission one of these systems?
T I A

frank
20-12-2011, 09:55 PM
It depends on many things, all subject to a site survey, size of unit, length of pipework, electrical capacity of the site...are the services adjacent etc, etc.

Also, does your customer want to benefit from the RHI - if so, then the system needs to be designed and installed by an MCS registered installer

hyperion
21-12-2011, 10:29 AM
The Altherma HT needs a reasonable amount of space in the property to fit all of the relevant components and to be able to service them.
The hot water and heating system is unvented and has to be installed to conform to G3 Regulations.

MarkBurton
07-01-2012, 11:49 AM
You really need to attend a HT installer course as these are a different animal to the Low temp systems. Generally, I allow 2 days for an average installation. This also includes connection onto existing plumbing. Paying for a Daikin Engineer to commission the system on your first install may be worthwhile also.

nec0310
08-01-2012, 06:47 PM
Mark gives good advice.
HT is a VRV system synchronised with R134a system. There are very important install rules.
Use a D1 partner to help you on first job after having training