PDA

View Full Version : AC with ducting

technique786
20-12-2011, 04:48 PM
Hi All,

I want to have an ac installed in my living room but since i am having my chimney knocked out and having a box made round the brackets the length of the room i was hoping to get an ac unit i could duct through this box and have vents to the room.

Do they make ac units like this for domestic use?
are they much more expensive then the standard?
are they less effective?
and what do i search for when buying one?

thank you all

Brian_UK
20-12-2011, 06:00 PM
Yes they do, do a search on 'ducted void units', try Google images first for some pictures.

frank
20-12-2011, 09:59 PM
Don't forget that the air you blow into the room needs to have a path back to the rear of the ducted unit for it to work correctly.

MikeHolm
21-12-2011, 02:29 AM
LOL, the add right under Franks post is for a local duct cleaning company.......wierd (I hate ducts)

stufus
04-01-2012, 06:26 PM
Advertising is not allowed in the forum
The OP is UK based , why would they contact a twat in Texas to sort it??
Not the brightest are you ..
Cheers
Stu

For any issue related to AC contact

Brian_UK
04-01-2012, 11:04 PM
Anyway, the OP hasn't had the decency to respond so we must assume that interest has been lost. :mad:

MikeHolm
04-01-2012, 11:41 PM
Advertising is not allowed in the forum
The OP is UK based , why would they contact a twat in Texas to sort it??
Not the brightest are you ..
Cheers
Stu

Now Stu, are you referring to the OP or to me....not the brightest.....cor

Brian_UK
04-01-2012, 11:42 PM
Now Stu, are you referring to the OP or to me....not the brightest.....corThere was an advert but Stu got it lifted. :)

stufus
04-01-2012, 11:56 PM
Not at all Mike
Just doing my bit to uphold the standards of this fine institution we all have the privilege to be a part of.:D
Cheers
Stu

Weenam
13-02-2012, 07:15 AM
AC with Duct...
Activair air conditioning ducts are the most cost effective and efficient method of conveying cold air from point to point, and distributing it where its needed. Activair air conditioning ducts are manufactured from lightweight polythene, and are compatible with most air conditioners, evaporate cooler and fans.
Without air conditioning ducting the effect of a fan, air conditioner or cooler is limited to a small area immediately in front of the air outlet. Attaching ducting allows the cold air to be directed to specific ‘hot spots’ to provide localized cooling, or diffused over a wide area to reduce temperature gradients.

MikeHolm
13-02-2012, 11:03 AM
sounds like advertising to me:D

Brian_UK
13-02-2012, 11:27 PM
sounds like advertising to me:DDoes rather doesn't it?

Can't prove either way yet. .....