PDA

View Full Version : cpc controllers

willie
26-10-2005, 09:58 AM
wonder what your opinions are of e2 ,didnt have much to do with e1 .loved the old rmcc's very easy to navigate and didn't have many problems with them

Mark
26-10-2005, 07:32 PM
Hi willie
welcome to the forum,probably 750 valve (another member) is the guy to talk too.

Kind regards. Mark:)

Philip_p
27-10-2005, 01:46 AM
I work with these controlers every day. The first Einstein control was clunky and slow and hard to navigate. The E2 is fast and easy to navigate. Like every thing else it takes a little getting used to, but once you get the hang of it its great. If you like and understand RMCC you will see the similaritys.

I am from Atlanta, Ga. and CPC is a local company. I know many people there and have been involved with them and Copeland, as a contractor to a local supermarket chain, in testing Copeland's new "Smart CST" compressors which interface directly with E2. Slick techonology.

E2 is still going thru some growing pains. Firmware is constantly being revised but I hope that they are finally near a final release. Problem is all controllers at a site must be the same revision to work together. We have several sites and 2 or 3 different firmware revisions. Makes it impossable to stock replacement processors should a failure occur.

One other thing that is my pet peeve. Echelon, the comunication protocal between E2 boxes and some boards such as ESR 8 boards thatm control suction stepper valves, sucks. "Smart ESR boards" that work on the old 485 network are being tested in one of our stores and I am very pleased with their operation. Hopefully Echelon will soon go away and be replaced with Ethernet between E2's and 485 between boards.

There's no other control on the market that can hold a candle to the E2's power and versiatility and I have worked with most of them.

oldwolf
27-10-2005, 03:01 AM
I think that the Micro Thermo MT Alliance Platform can hold its candle against an E2 anytime. It's not just a rack controller, it's a supermarket control system. Control racks, condensers, EEPR valves, HVAC units, lighting, schedules, real-time clock, energy management, real-time pricing, gather historical data for 3 years, best in class alarming, web pages, alarm center, etc....

They know how to make a Lonworks network work reliably.

tonto
15-11-2005, 03:07 PM
Willie where in australia you from.. Have worked with the older rmcc controllers and found them quite easy to use also... Havent seen a new e2 though as I dont do much supermarket work anymore

willie
16-11-2005, 10:38 AM
tonto i'm in sunshine state ,willie

zerodegreec
28-11-2005, 07:01 AM
I personally think the old RMCC controllers are great. Mechanic proof and store manager deterrents :)
I have had the privilege to work with allot of the controllers out there, CPC, MicroTherm, ComTrol ect. of the bunch the MicroTherm is the most powerful and versatile. The E1 was a disaster bstrd child that has more bugs than the dumpster behind the local Chinese food rest. The E2 is "Better" than the E1 but its still flaky and personally an ok system. CPC does have the best tech support I have ever seen from ANY manufacture I must add. This goes a long way.

The ESR boards out their right now on the lon networks suck like Philip mentioned (and they have a change out program for the older boards no charge ;)) But personally I am not a fan of the ESR valves to start with. The fact that they stay in last position on a power fail or a board goes down is not good, Plus the topic of high TD across coils after defrost, and my list of pet peeves goes on.

To be honest they all keep me employed :) and that's good, if it was my choice to decide on a controller I cant say 100% what I would go with, but Microtherm is on the short list with CPC.