PDA

View Full Version : A quench valve ?

fyp
18-12-2011, 07:45 AM
what is common application of A quench valve or temperature responsive?

thanks

maniam chinniah
18-12-2011, 10:16 AM
quench valve is to just cool down the compressor coil

Brian_UK
18-12-2011, 11:08 PM
Quote from Carrier documentation...

+
During periods of low load, the suction modulating valve decreases flow of refrigerant to the compressor. This
action balances the compressor capacity with the load and prevents operation with low coil temperatures. In
this mode of operation, the quench valve will open as required to provide sufficient liquid refrigerant flow into
the suction line for cooling of the compressor motor. The quench valve senses the temperature of refrigerant
entering the compressor and provides additional coolant to the compressor motor.
+

cold.man
18-12-2011, 11:38 PM
never heard of the term !!quench valve!! but from reading what brain has posted isnt that basically what a liquid injection valve in some applications does in order to decrease the superheat at the compressor.

Sumit
19-12-2011, 02:12 PM
Hi,

I am also not aware about the term "Quench Valve " .But i also feel that its performing the same function as liquid line is injected into compressor motor even it has expansion valves which regulates the flow of liquid refrigerant. If there is any difference , then please let me know.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Cheers

SUMIT

Brian_UK
19-12-2011, 11:31 PM
never heard of the term !!quench valve!! but from reading what brain has posted isnt that basically what a liquid injection valve in some applications does in order to decrease the superheat at the compressor.---- -- Yep -----

http://www.corp.carrier.com/StaticFiles/Carrier.com/Carrier%20Brand%20Sites%20Content/Carrier-Container/Files/Literature/Manuals/Refrigeration_Unit_Operations_Manuals/T319.pdf

See page 13

Magoo
20-12-2011, 01:16 AM
I have come across the terminology as an in-line desuperheater / intercooler on two stage ammonia plants.