PDA

View Full Version : flex pipe crimping tool

cadwaladr
14-12-2011, 03:22 AM
i keep meeting different flex tubes on various units,carrier,tk,hubbard etc and was going to look at purchasing a kit that may make the minefield simpler can anyone reccomend one or advise on the solution thanks.

xamtex
14-12-2011, 05:54 AM
hi,i work mostly on automotive a/c i have a MASTERCOOL HYDRACRIMP hand crimping kit...which crimps most sizes of hoses...i also use a BLR kit which contains the metal crimps for the hose ends..with these i can make hoses or repair hoses...you can also get repair splices...say a hose has rubbed through..you cut the hose and add a splice which is a metal pipe with a crimp on each end...saves the expense and labour involved in replacing complete pipes..as long as you have room to get the tool in.
its especially good on car a/c as some pipe runs are long and contain metal and rubber pipes...in extreme cases you need to drop the engine/transmission assembly to change some a/c pipework...so a repair is very cost effective.
i also use a lokring kit to repair the metal pipes aswell.
i get a lot of kit from here.. http://www.autoairglos.net/
you can get a catologue online,in the tools section the crimp kit is 48-0003 and the BLR kit is 41-0022.
i get hose,splices and the like there too...the crimper is £350...the BLR is £79.
another supplier of this kit is http://www.autokool.co.uk/

djbe
21-12-2011, 10:40 PM
i keep meeting different flex tubes on various units,carrier,tk,hubbard etc and was going to look at purchasing a kit that may make the minefield simpler can anyone reccomend one or advise on the solution thanks.

How about just sticking with one make of hose and fittings and using that to replace the OE? Drop me a PM.

Regards,
djbe.

cadwaladr
22-12-2011, 06:03 PM
i think i will use burgerflex,but its when i slice with other types of hose.

djbe
22-12-2011, 07:50 PM
i think i will use burgerflex,but its when i slice with other types of hose.

I see your problem now, don't think you can successfully splice two different brands but may be wrong?

charlie patt
22-12-2011, 07:59 PM
i stick to burgaflex now but carry manullei sorry about spelling and get a burgaflex end and what ever i want to splice it to and silver soldier it on the workbench its a lot easier than renewing pipe and a lot quicker carrying a common end i have the mastercool hydraulic crimper but thats got limited use now what was wrong with the reuseables? anyway

cadwaladr
23-12-2011, 07:59 PM
i do the solder trick,have done for a long time on the manuli front the fittings available from dean+wood are not comprehensive is there another supplier i have a stock of ctc[carrier] fittings and some hose mean+gud do not do the same hose as ctc.

charlie patt
23-12-2011, 09:25 PM
i get me fittings out of ss fo burgaflex and other fittings come out of vulcan and am need there numbers?

coolincab
26-12-2011, 08:52 PM
Work the master cool crimper here too its ok but only lasts for around 500 - 1000 crimps then you throw it in the bin because they are too selfish to make spare parts.
On to my 3rd 1 now