PDA

View Full Version : Thermo King Refeer MD-II 50 Reset Engine button trips

Ceasar
12-12-2011, 03:37 AM
I am currently working on a refeer TK MD-II 50 but every time i flip the start switch to energize the unit the Engine Reset button trips and then i reset the button but I try to start the switch but i still can't get the unit to power on. I check the fuel, start and run relays with my multimeter for
Ohms or continuity and i get good results. Any suggestions will be very helpful. This unit was manufacture in the 1990's but i can't specify the year...

DaButcher
12-12-2011, 12:26 PM
Normally only two things will trip the engine reset: low oil pressure and high coolant temp.

Try temporally taking wire or wires off the oil pressure switch and see if she will start.

Eoin
12-12-2011, 04:18 PM
Is the unit an auto-satrt version? Does it attempt to turn the starter motor and energise the fuel pump?

charlie patt
12-12-2011, 07:47 PM
i doubt if its autostart at that age the reset trips on three items oil pressure water temp or ignition on to long without running so it dont flatten the battery switch on from cold preheat for 20 secs depending on ambient and crank her up if it has auto just switch on and let her roll if unit does trip you must alow the reset to cool before reseting as it will trip prematurely also a common fault is the engine elec switch is not on correct parameter

Ceasar
12-12-2011, 08:03 PM
YES, the unit is an auto-start version. I manually energize the fuel Throttle solenoid and it works fine. I also manually energize the starter but no luck on getting the engine to energize. I check a MD-II manual and there appears to be a Fuel stop solenoid but am not sure what its function?

Ceasar
12-12-2011, 08:12 PM
I will by-pass the oil pressure switch and check the engine thermostat.. Thanks.

charlie patt
13-12-2011, 09:24 PM
on manuall switching does it crank over or nothing there''''''''''' does it work on stby if fitted? what type of controller on it

charlie patt
13-12-2011, 09:24 PM
oops sorry its a 50 so does it work on stby