PDA

View Full Version : Mitsubishi MSH-26SV - Serrious power drain - What next?

PUFF1N
09-12-2011, 09:47 AM
Hi All.

I've a large Mitsu unit that displays the following symptoms.

1. Indoor unit, remote etc working fine
2. Outdoor unit goes to turn on and draws so much current that brown out occurs
3. Trys to do this 3 times without success and throws up 5 flash error code
4. Sometimes, the draw is enough to trip the circut braker
5. light humming from outdoor unit and a straining sound when compressor tries to kick in.

I figured it was a bad start run capacitor so I went ahead and replaced it for an identical spec unit.

- Now the when the compressor goes to turn on, it trips the circut breaker every time.
- I can still hear a humming from the outdoor when off / but power connected
- The dicer board and all cables / joins etc are clean and good condition
- I've checked all contacts are secure and eveything is tight / good contact

I am thinking the compressor is actually stuck / wearing out but am not sure. The buzzing I can hear makes me think it is still an electrical fault so I'm not sure what to investigate next.

Should I just order a Superboost or similar type item to give the compressor that bit of extra kick, or should I be following a totally different path?

Thanks heaps
Puff

james10
09-12-2011, 04:07 PM
Sounds as though ur comp is goosed best get a new one

mikeref
09-12-2011, 09:32 PM
first capacitor was dead and now with new cap, compressor still won't start but you have locked rotor amps. Compressor is seized.

install monkey
09-12-2011, 09:57 PM
mike got a pot change for u, also get a techie spark to run a new supply and fit a new breaker as its prob cooked!- sorry, sounds like ur pot is goosed

PUFF1N
09-12-2011, 10:39 PM
Thanks for putting me out of my misery guys... I figured it must be.
Because I can still hear a buzzing that wasn't present before she locked up, I was hoping it may be electrical still, but better face the facts.

So any tip on who I can get an OEM pot from that will suit?

Capacity 7.2kW cool 8.0kW heating
Input 2.86 cool 2.81 heat

Shipping to Australia to be considered. Any OEM out of Asia type places anyone has had a good go with?

stufus
09-12-2011, 10:53 PM
Fook me 1100 bucks

http://spares.bigwarehouse.com.au/index.php?cPath=130_175_64026
Give it a good smack and see if it spins up or try D.O.L. it
Cheers
Stu

PUFF1N
09-12-2011, 11:14 PM
Thanks heaps! What a pain in a$$ just before xmas! Can't splash that much now, yet can't have the family nagging on about the heat either! Have to make a plan a shift some stuff around! Thanks again evryone for the help.

install monkey
09-12-2011, 11:19 PM
buy ur misses a mitsi pot for christmas- christmas prezzie and cooling too! check the leads onto the compressor to ensure that none of the spade connectors have blown off

PUFF1N
12-12-2011, 08:43 AM
HAHA! You know what, I might just do that and get the kids to video her opening it under the tree and then kicking me in the old boys! Put it on youtube and make enough to buy her something nice + the look on her face - Priceless!

But serriously to stufus, that looks to be the only one for sale, pm me if you can make it a bit cheaper.