PDA

View Full Version : Daikin VRV3 query

A/C Adz
07-12-2011, 04:59 PM
hello their.

Im commissioning a daikin vrv 3 system with 11 indoor units with 4 bs boxes no local controllers only itouch, 2 bs boxes feed 4 indoor units within the same room, everything has gone swimmingly surprisingly, auto charged system, imputted refrigerant added placed into test full learning function all the bull and passed with no faults.
i noticed while taking off coil temps that when i select the 4 units connected to 1 bs box that i cant place units into heating and has no option to put into heating or auto, just cool, fan, and dependant are the only options it gives.
its a 3 pipe the fan coils in question are cooling/heating option as i say its all gone well just these operating issues i find slightly odd.
all units have their own address imputted manually.

wondering if anybody has come accross this before

i have all unit details if anybody wants them

nice one peeps adz

install monkey
07-12-2011, 08:17 PM
have u grouped the 4 units on the i touch and the 1st unit at the top is then deemed the master

frank
07-12-2011, 08:31 PM
Hi

With multiple fan coils off 1 BS box you need to nominate 1 of the indoor units as a Master for Heat/Cool changeover.
Without this, the BS box doesn't know when to switch over.

Connect a BRC1D controller to one of the indoor units and the display will be flashing. Press the Mode button and this will make this fan coil the Master.

Edit
Forgot to say, when you disconnect the BRC1D the fan coil will fault. Just power down and power back up to clear the fault.

VRVIII
10-12-2011, 10:52 PM
You can select the heat cool master from the touch controller, if you enter the service functions --> changeover option.

Also double check that dip switch DS1/1 located on the BS box PCB has not been set on.