PDA

View Full Version : S20DRBB32 Whirlpool Side by Side American - Water Dispenser

SRT
02-12-2011, 09:47 AM
Hi there, I’m looking for some help and advice regarding my Whirlpool.

Its around 6 years old and been fairly reliable over the years. In the last 3 months i replaced the rear PCB due to it clicking, freezing problems and no water from the dispenser.

All has been fine until Sunday gone when the water dispenser stopped. The light comes on and you can hear it working but no water comes out. Everything else works including the Ice machine making new ice! So, i decided to defrost the Freezer part overnight by switching it off and opening the door which seemed to do the trick as when i powered it back on in the morning the water dispenser was working fine (tube blocked by ice..??). Water dispensing fine throughout the day until the next morning when it stopped working again..!

To me it seems to be a freezing water tube but how do i go about fixing that..? could it be down to the filter also as it needs replacing asap..?

Many thanks!
SRT

B G Scott
03-12-2011, 08:43 AM
I have seen this on my own cabinet, took the freezer door liner off, the insulation within the door is not very good.
The water tube was frozen within the door, moved the tube to the warm side, ie the external face of the door.
Re-insulated with foam and fibre glass, seemed to be OK but it froze again a year or so later.
Need to do the same job again when I can work up the enthusiasm.