PDA

View Full Version : Ranco E15 defrost control

MikeHolm
01-12-2011, 11:28 AM
I am looking for a bulletproof add on defrost control. I haven't seen a defrost cycle yet on the heat pump and have seen 4 freeze ups. I can't seem to make the control test it either. It came with an ambient sensor and a sensor on the liquid line.

This unit has a 4-wire (unlabeled, don't know which wire is which) variable speed motor. Does anyone know if there is one wire which can be used to switch off the fan. The old style Ranco has only one relay output for the fan, if i were to use it. I am open to suggestions.

MikeHolm
01-12-2011, 01:33 PM
No worries, i've got it.

install monkey
01-12-2011, 07:34 PM
thats cheating mike, u cant start a post then end it 2 hrs later!!! and comment too!bet u tried giving urself rep points too haha

MikeHolm
01-12-2011, 10:56 PM
You will note that all others rep points are going up. Not mine HAHA (even tho i did spread a few around).

I should have thought before I posted, just cut the common on the motor but I haven't used an ECM motor before so i didn't know if there would be any back feeding through another line.

Bigfreeze
02-12-2011, 08:27 AM
Show off!
We'll leave you to figure out the rest of it yourself in that case, if you're going to be like that

:p

MikeHolm
02-12-2011, 11:34 AM
As Austin Powers would say "Oh Behave",

Actually, now I have a real problem. The HP works well enough for some time but (and I am never there when this happens) it seems to want to go into a defrost but makes so much noise that it disturbs everyone and the coil is iced up when I get there and out on a liquid line freeze up fault. This is embarrassing

I should have said that I expect it is continuing to run, cannot reach setpoint due to EVAP blockage and won't shut off till the sensor on the liquid line declares a fault

Grizzly
02-12-2011, 09:35 PM
Mike follow the link, it has some wiring suggestions and other options.
Good luck Grizzly.

http://www.mediafire.com/?kq22c8iit59yb62

MikeHolm
03-12-2011, 02:22 AM
Got it, Thanks Griz.