PDA

View Full Version : Re insulation of walk in freezer.

Pykester1
27-11-2011, 09:58 AM
Hi Guys
I have a customer who has a small walk in freezer, approximate size: 2m wide x 2m high x 3m long. We recently upgraded the system with a new condensing unit and evaporator which is more than big enough to do the duty. The insulated box was built on a budget by the customer with only 50mm polyeurethane panels and the box is situated under a flat roof that is exposed to ambient conditions. The system works beautifully in normal conditions; minus 20 degrees no problem, but as soon as there is a hot day with ambient of over say 25 degrees and direct sunlight onto the flat roof, the system struggles and will only achieve minus 16. I am convinced the ceiling insulation is either waterlooged from a leaking roof, broken down or just insufficient at 50mm. I propose to add insulation to the inside of the cold store using Kingspan panels. Has anyone done this and if so does anyone have any tips on fixing the panels to the ceiling? I realise that a complete new box would be the solution, but the guy doent have the money for that.

Thanks.