PDA

View Full Version : split units with fresh air

gwilliamson
20-10-2005, 07:34 PM
Can anyone recommend a wall split unit for light commercial/ Domestic use with a fresh air option ie punchout hole for air changes?
Many thanks
for any help?

chemi-cool
20-10-2005, 08:18 PM
Some years back, I have seen local mini splits with a punch off hole at the back for resh air.
I dont think they make them any more but what it more simple then making a small hole in the wall and install the smallest fan for fresh air.

Chemi:)

frank
20-10-2005, 08:36 PM
It's very difficult to get a wall mounted split that can take a direct fresh air input but most make of cassettes or ducted units have this facility.

One thing to remember though is to not introduce more than 10% by volume of fresh air (against the rated unit air volume) into the unit or you will decrease the unit's capacity (heating or cooling)

rbartlett
20-10-2005, 08:42 PM
there is one but it's from a manufacturer I dare not speak it's name :eek:

cheers

richard

gwilliamson
20-10-2005, 08:53 PM
go on whats their name?

Peter_1
20-10-2005, 09:07 PM
I dare,...
Hi...ta...chi - Hi...ta...chi - Hi...ta...chi - Hi...ta...chi -Hi...ta...chi - Hi...ta...chi - Hi...ta...chi - Hi...ta...chi -
Hi...ta...chi - Hi...ta...chi - Hi...ta...chi - Hi...ta...chi -Hi...ta...chi - Hi...ta...chi - Hi...ta...chi - Hi...ta...chi -

Brian_UK
20-10-2005, 11:06 PM
Another thing to be wary off when using a fresh air addition to a wall mount is filtration.

Whenever I have come across units with fresh air ducted to them the coils have been in a terrible state because of the lack of proper filters fitted to the fresh air supply system.

Lc_shi
21-10-2005, 01:41 AM
Use energy recovery ventilator is a good choice. Split unit with fresh air make the system more complicated,it's not a good idea.

Temprite
21-10-2005, 01:16 PM
Use energy recovery ventilator is a good choice. Split unit with fresh air make the system more complicated,it's not a good idea.

Like a lossnay by mitsubishi electric.

Clive Woods
24-10-2005, 08:57 AM
Hi,

you could try http://www.global-cooling.co.uk/millennium9fpanel.php

techguy
24-10-2005, 09:19 AM
Panasonic Do a small wall with a fresh air option with a filter fitted on the FA as standard
never used it but have seen the sales info looks oK

T

Daddy Cool
24-10-2005, 11:53 AM
Marc is right, Hitachi do have two models generically named the 'air-exchanger' they bring in more than the Panasonic models, but it depends on how much fresh air yu wish to introduce. Don't expect 12l/s.

MRcoolingMAJIC
24-10-2005, 05:23 PM
Can I add that I think Hitachi are the best mini-split ac manufacturer.

Thanx for the attention.

frank
24-10-2005, 08:03 PM
Can I add that I think Hitachi are the best mini-split ac manufacturer.

Thanx for the attention.
Now there's a turn up for the books. :D :D

Mr Majic - don't you like GL anymore??

Brian_UK
24-10-2005, 11:35 PM
Can I add that I think Hitachi are the best mini-split ac manufacturer.....No, you can't.;)

Daddy Cool
26-10-2005, 09:57 AM
i think it was a rhetorical question, maybe more a statement?:D