PDA

View Full Version : Am new....And everyweek Il need HELP! ha

NZPOMME
23-11-2011, 07:55 AM
hey everyone new to the forum, Basically ave decided to live in new zealand (orignally from uk) so I dont really have any Good fridgey friends Here that I can give a quick call too to help me along my day and trying to make a good Impression to my new Boss is making my work days fairly stressy. so am sure this forum will be my fridgey bible. So if anyone got some good information like for Example :refrigeration symbols, abbravations, meaning would be a great help.

Back to basics for me and everyday a learning Curve.

regards nzpomme:)

Goober
23-11-2011, 09:49 AM
Who do you work for and what quals have you got?

NZPOMME
26-11-2011, 09:34 AM
How come you want to no that?

Tayters
26-11-2011, 11:29 PM
Try the Sporlan website and Fitters Notes on the Danfoss site, there's some good info there. If you're anything like me you'll end up with even more questions. :o

Cheers,
Andy.

NZPOMME
28-11-2011, 07:58 AM
cheers tayters ave pretty much every section of the danfoss site....well the mrs did today whilst she was in work!!

desA
28-11-2011, 02:27 PM
You may want to introduce yourself to Mad Fridgie - he'a also a pom who now lives in NZ. A master fridgie & smart as a weasel.

MikeHolm
28-11-2011, 06:18 PM
You may want to introduce yourself to Mad Fridgie - he'a also a pom who now lives in NZ. A master fridgie & smart as a weasel.

Smart "as a weasel" or smart ass with a weasel" :D

desA
29-11-2011, 10:13 AM
Lol... :) :)

mad fridgie
30-11-2011, 04:13 AM
I am just an ass, with a smart weasel.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NZPOMME
30-11-2011, 07:04 AM
hey mad fridgie I have added you as a contact, so your a x pom...does that mean I can talk in bar not kpa and psi!!

MikeHolm
30-11-2011, 12:06 PM
I don't know about the weasels IQ but i do know that i don't know what a "pom" is. Please enlighten sir

Tayters
30-11-2011, 07:16 PM
I don't know about the weasels IQ but i do know that i don't know what a "pom" is. Please enlighten sir

Ah, a non refrigeration based question. This is why I signed up to the forum.

Slang for an English person. Some say it originated from initials (Prisoner of Mother England) or it was because the cricketers drank Pommery Champagne instead of the native beer. Who knows were it came from. Frequently preceded by the adjective 'whinging'.

There is a select range of eggs also. http://redperil.wordpress.com/2011/01/30/whinging-pom-egg/

I personally believe POM stands for Perfection Of Mankind, but then I'm biased!

Cheers,

Andy.

MikeHolm
30-11-2011, 07:28 PM
Ahhh, that explains everything....almost

a Brit I talk to, when buggering up some project, says the the "mong" pills are working too well. WTF?

mad fridgie
01-12-2011, 04:16 AM
hey mad fridgie I have added you as a contact, so your a x pom...does that mean I can talk in bar not kpa and psi!!
The only time i use "bar", is when my elbow is on it, or when i am saying sweet nothings in my girlfriends ear.
"Bar Bar Bar" got to speak her language.!!!!!!!!!!!!! Other wise she gets a bit "wooly"

mikeref
01-12-2011, 07:58 AM
You could use "Bar" but i would have to drag out my calculator to convert it to Psi or Kpa. You are a long way from home but the Kiwi's should help you blend in.. if your new to the islands:).

NZPOMME
08-12-2011, 07:08 AM
PERFECTION OF MANKIND.....thats awesome......your the type of fridgie that kept me in refrigeration when i was younger...Il use that on my missus to night!!

MikeHolm
08-12-2011, 12:05 PM
younger??? Next you will be saying "back in the day"....

It's always funny when a 20 year old says that but also someone under 30. You guys are still "in the day"