ah fai
21-11-2011, 04:49 AM
hello everybody..
need help to trouble shoot the water drop in the ballroom from the air duct
any solution???
thanks.

cool_tech
21-11-2011, 09:25 AM
Hello, a few questions. Are you in a humid environment? Is the system refrigerated? Are you filters dirty..

Mick13
21-11-2011, 10:32 AM
agreed with cooltech - more information needed.

is it a newly installed system? or have u had it for a while with no issues? (meaning has it been through a summer yet).

if its newly installed, does it have a p-trap?

is the airflow restricted in some way over the indoor coil? does the condensate drain have sufficient fall and is the drain clear?

and.... are u sure its an aircon related problem? iv been called to way too many a/c water leaks that seem to only happen when it rains....

chemi-cool
21-11-2011, 07:50 PM
A well insulated duct will not drip! is it insulated on the inside? If not, you're having a big problem.

ah fai
25-11-2011, 04:50 AM
Thanks for reply bro..
- The system is build around 4 year already, its start after 1 and half year until now and the problem getting bad for this year.

- Ya, malaysia is a humid country, the filter and the air-flow is ok, (even i try to remove the filter for a day but still the same)

- it is possible the system running too cool? i put the setting on return air temp 14 deg C.

a/c.nick
25-11-2011, 06:54 AM
what side is the drain on supply or return and does it have a pump? you might need to drop the drain tray out and give the whole system a overhaul

cool_tech
25-11-2011, 09:24 AM
Return air temp 14 deg c. sounds like a coo lroom not a ballroom!! turn that return air set point up to 21 and see how she goes.

ah fai
28-11-2011, 04:50 PM
That is no drain for supply and return air duct,
Ya, some times people will complain that is too cool...

I reset the return air set point to 19deg C and its work, i think i should increase to 21 like cool_tech say and see first.
thanks for helping ..