PDA

View Full Version : Lg cassett atnh30

sork
17-11-2011, 12:53 PM
hi guys
i am working on a lg cassette need to replace the indoor unit coil inlet thermister, i get ch 02 code, do i need to take off the fan in order to get to the coil or not.
i be pleased for your directives.
:)

stufus
17-11-2011, 02:21 PM
Hey sork
not familiar with that model, but generally if there is no removable plate at the pipe connections or drain pump access from the outside, you are gonna have to do it the hard way.:confused:
cheers
Stu

frozenfingers
17-11-2011, 06:22 PM
That you Hammo

charlie patt
17-11-2011, 08:54 PM
is it b c or d series unit

install monkey
17-11-2011, 10:58 PM
easiest way if there is no access plate is to reomve the fan blade on the cassette,then if you are lucky you can reach to the coil sensor,remove the lift pump if req ,it beats supporting the ceiling,removing the facia and electrics to then dropping the drip tray

sork
18-11-2011, 04:38 PM
thank you everybody for the help, i can reach the pcb board and remove the sensor but the problem is the coil end.

sork
18-11-2011, 05:11 PM
thanks charlie, it is a D series . model: ATNH30GPLED OR UT30NPD
my problem is the sensor side in the coil . until i get to it i cannot find out were the fault is the pcb or the sensor.

charlie patt
19-11-2011, 06:46 PM
its useually the sensor drop the fan and blade i can just about do them from the inspe ction plate by water pump outlett but i have girls hands so if you chunky pinkies dont bother just a tip replace all the sensors in the evap or you will be back next month doing the others and locktight the fan nut to

assailant
24-11-2011, 04:04 PM
just a tip replace all the sensors in the evap or you will be back next month doing the others

good advice, considering its an LG.
im pretty sure all their fault codes should read: 'possibly faulty sensor'

whoever makes their themistors should be shot. they reckon they improved their design and blah blah, but the thermistors are still the biggest problem with lg's

charlie patt
24-11-2011, 08:40 PM
there area manager for lg tells me they use the same sensors as mitsi and daikin but its a bit funny that in the last two years the number of mitsi sensors i have fitted is 0 the daikin sensors 2 and lg?a set a week