PDA

View Full Version : refrigerant and compressor substitution

bezsenne
17-11-2011, 10:44 AM
Hello All,
I am working on substitution refrigerant and compressor in geothermal heat pump. The old refrigerant is R290 and the broken compressor is Bristol H76A72QDBEA. I want to substitute broken compresor with new one which will work on R407C refrigerant. In this place I want to ask about help in finding the right one compressor with competitive price. Should I substitute something more in the system after changing the refrigerant?

Thanks for help!

NoNickName
17-11-2011, 11:09 AM
That compressor is already for R407c. In fact the "7" after the H stands for "R407c".

texas64
17-11-2011, 01:27 PM
Yes, it looks like this forum has answered this question in 2008...

http://www.refrigeration-engineer.com/forums/showthread.php?10817-Bristol-Compressors

Josip
17-11-2011, 09:38 PM
Hi, bezsenne :)

Hello All,
I am working on substitution refrigerant and compressor in geothermal heat pump. The old refrigerant is R290 and the broken compressor is Bristol H76A72QDBEA. I want to substitute broken compresor with new one which will work on R407C refrigerant. In this place I want to ask about help in finding the right one compressor with competitive price. Should I substitute something more in the system after changing the refrigerant?

Thanks for help!

More or less each compressor can work with R407C or any other refrigeration gas .... Of course, you must change oil type, filter driers and maybe some other devices ...

... but, why not replace only broken compressor and remain with green refrigerant R290:confused:

... someone will say R407C is also green one ODP=0 but with GWP=1610 v.s. R290 with ODP=0 and GWP=3

Best regards, Josip :)