PDA

View Full Version : My Candy fridge freezer is CHILLIN too much!!

purkyuk
08-11-2011, 12:06 PM
Hi Guys,
My candy fridge freezer (about 6yr old) has started to freeze up. At the same time the interior light has stopped working (changed bulb but no joy). I would just buy a new fridge/freezer but i'm moving house in Jan which was an integrated fridge so it would be a waste of money. but need to do something for the christmas period... HELP!
The compressor is working and seems to be on all the time (getting very warm). I've removed the PCB and no obvious problems, i've noticed that there is current going to and from the interior bulb but the bulb does not come on (there is resistance through the bulb, and wire are ok), when flicking the switch the light flickers on/off for a split second.
On the PBC board there are two LEDs, but both these LEDs will not light up even when you turn the dial to SUPER.
Freezer is ok.
What could it be? Faulty PCB? thermistor? How can i check with multimeter?
Any advise is greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
Dave

tonto33
08-11-2011, 10:07 PM
model number would help

purkyuk
09-11-2011, 08:49 AM
Sorry tonto33. I will look later when i'm in my house.
I had another look at the fridge last night. At the back of the 41007946 PCB board i checked the resistance of the thermostat, when the fridge was disconnected and thermostat connector removed the resistance was dropping as the fridge was defrosting and when switched back on and connected the opposite was happening, so am i right to say the thermostat is ok?
Also stripped down the bulb assembly, this is strange! could not find any problems with wires/bulb/connections/switches, but when flicking the switch the light flashes and is a if the circuit overloads and then no conductivity.
Tonto33 does this sound like the PBC from your experience?

Thanks in advance!

purkyuk
09-11-2011, 09:00 PM
Model no. CPCA 291FXK

purkyuk
14-11-2011, 10:56 AM
PCB board changed now WORKING!! whoop whoop :-)