PDA

View Full Version : M099

airmate
05-11-2011, 01:13 AM
Hi guys,

As R22 Prices are same as gold now we are looking to retrofit with M099 on systems that are not that critcal.

Most of you guys may already had some experience with M099, is it really an ideal refrigerant to retrofit R22 systems

chemi-cool
05-11-2011, 11:09 AM
Looks like a good solution.

http://www.emersonnetworkpower-partner.com/SVCPROG-Switch-to-MO99-Refrigerant/default.aspx

airmate
07-11-2011, 04:39 AM
Thanks Chemi-cool very informative, have couple of retrofits lined up and will see how it goes.

Thanks again.

MikeHolm
07-11-2011, 12:14 PM
Chemi, have you used it yet? A friend uses R22 in his MUA ASHPs and i wonder if it would be good for him in Toronto ambient temps with scrolls.

doctor freon
01-12-2011, 09:23 PM
The website, www.isceon.com (http://www.isceon.com) has a number of write ups and useful information on MO99, also a step by step video.

Grizzly
01-12-2011, 10:42 PM
The way I see it is simply put, the range of temperature applications that R22 covers.
Is now covered by 3 different replacement gases.
Covering the high, medium and low end of the scale.
You get anything between 10% to 25% reduction in efficiency.
Also some applications suffer because the oil sits in a different strata (level) within the standing liquid refrigerant.

There seems to be 1 common factor so far.
Each of these gasses do the task required in one form or another. But none are as good as the original.

No-one is making huge claims of efficiency and the like this time around.
Because no to jobs seem to have the same results.
Ask yourself why no-one on this forum is championing a particular replacement.

My answer... Suck it and see, but don't expect wondrous results. Acceptable ones maybe but I bet there has been a compromise somewhere.
Like shall we say erm! New condensers?

M099 works!

But it's not the same as R22.
How do they say Caviot Emptor?
Not sure on the spelling there Guys.
It means Buyer beware!

If you are honest with your end user that there are issues with these replacements.
Then an acceptable compromise may well be reached?

I guarantee when the wonder replacement arrives, we will all be told about it.
Grizzly