PDA

View Full Version : daikin vrf 2001 re-address issues

tait71
02-11-2011, 09:29 PM
hi chaps, i have installed a daikin itouch controller to an existing vrf system (old type dated 2001) but i now have address issues, out of 39 indoors it can only find 32 and some have identical addresses, i need to be able to control every single unit as it it a large open plan office full of fat amd thin women whome are too hot and cold all at the same time! i think the units i carnt find have duff indoor pcbs but my gaffa wants me to swap the pcb with a good one off the existing system i carnt see how this would help as it would show its old address wouldnt it? also tryed to re address some units by hard wiring a controller into the unit i can change the address but it wont stay and reverts back to the orignal address, this one has my head battered can you boys and girls help me please?

install monkey
02-11-2011, 09:38 PM
fat women and thin women and even l.e.s.b.i.e.n.s are too hot/cold-unless they can set it at 32heat with no defrost,check to see if any units have been turned off on the fuse spurs and the system rebooted to miss any problematic units

frank
03-11-2011, 07:15 PM
Daikin units self address. I you are using either a Centralised controller or the iTouch, you need to give each indoor unit a group address via a hard wired controller.

Without the group address, the iTouch won't see the fan coil.

Fat women...mmmmmm
Thin women....mmmmmm

AbsoluteWDJ
04-11-2011, 01:00 PM
hi chaps, i have installed a daikin itouch controller to an existing vrf system (old type dated 2001) but i now have address issues, out of 39 indoors it can only find 32 and some have identical addresses, i need to be able to control every single unit as it it a large open plan office full of fat amd thin women whome are too hot and cold all at the same time! i think the units i carnt find have duff indoor pcbs but my gaffa wants me to swap the pcb with a good one off the existing system i carnt see how this would help as it would show its old address wouldnt it? also tryed to re address some units by hard wiring a controller into the unit i can change the address but it wont stay and reverts back to the orignal address, this one has my head battered can you boys and girls help me please?

1. What's the outdoor model number(s)?
2. How was it controlled before I-touch installation?
3. Did you program the group addresses yourself or did you inherit them?

Regards

tait71
07-11-2011, 10:14 AM
Out doors are rseyp10kjy1 and indoors are fxysp40ka7v1 should the group address be the same for all units on the same floor?

AbsoluteWDJ
07-11-2011, 05:49 PM
It depends on whether you've an Itouch for each floor?

Is there only one Itouch? If so, each fan coil or group of fan coils would require its own unique central group address, each outdoor unit would require a link onto master unit F1-F2 out terminals down to Itouch F1-F2 terminals.

Also, when you press and hold test for 5 seconds '00' should be displayed on each local control (wired into P1-P2 terminals indoor). If this isn't displayed and you recieve '01', the fan coil doesn't recognise the central device.

tait71
08-11-2011, 07:32 AM
The building has two floors, one large open plan office on each floor and two smaller ones, the large office has 12 indoors, all controllers are in plant rm each big office has two controllers and in total there are 8 wal mounted controllers and one itouch, we have since posting the thread found some interlinking wiring problems but still dont have full control of the system( carnt get the central control icons on screen) any idears?

AbsoluteWDJ
10-11-2011, 04:04 PM
How many systems are there?

install monkey
10-11-2011, 07:21 PM
readdress the second floor as your address 1-00 1-02 1-02 etc for both floors and the i controller will not recognise the additional units, use setting mode on the brc to address each unit on the next floor

frank
10-11-2011, 07:57 PM
With 12 indoor units per open plan area but only 8 controllers, it would seem like some indoor units are commoned up. You need to physically connect a remote controller to each indoor unit and give it a unique group address. You can disconnect the controller after.
I would suggest you group address them as 1:00, 1:01, 1:02 to 1:11 for the open plan area, 2:01 and 3:01 for the small offices , all on the same floor, and then 4:00, 4:01, 402 to 4:11 for the open plan area and 5:01 and 6:01 for the second floor.

When you have finished, drop power to all units - indoor and outdoor, and reset power. the iTouch should then be able to see all indoor units

Dunger
12-11-2011, 09:34 PM
I would suggest that you make a note of the addresses of the units that you can see on the I touch. You can do this by highlighting the unit icon and the selecting Prop (this will give you the DIII net address).
Make a note of these.
The Daikin addressing system will allow (as standard) 64 addresses, ranging from 1-00 to 4-15.
Make a note of the spare addresses.
Then go to your local controllers. Press and hold the TEST key - this should display 00 in the middle of the controller (if the FCU can see the ITC). In the left hand side you will see the group address (this is the one that links the FCU to the ITC).
If you have a controller that may be linked to more than 1 FCU then you can easily check the group address for these without connecting more controllers.
Once you have pressed the TEST key to go to 00 setting, press the TEMP up key to go to code 30. In this mode you can see more than one set of group addresses, firstly the unit will normally display the address of UNIT 0, if you press the diamond key (with an arrow through it) - if the controller is a BRC1D then it will show the next units group address, i.e. UNIT1, keep toggling through to ensure you have recorded all of the addresses on the site.
Once you have this you will know how many units have a DIII net address, if some haven't been addressed, then address them (as per previous posts), if all have been addressed but are not shown on the ITC you will need to register them (the method for this depends on the type of ITC you have - pen on top or on the side).
For the latest models (pen on top) you need to enter the menu by pressing the 'S' key. You will then need to enter the 'engineering screen' of the controller by pushing all 4 corners of the LCD in a specific order (top right, bottom left, top left, bottom right) - you will see a new option - service login. Click on this and enter the password (daikin). Press OK and return to the menu screen, use the drop down section to select service function. In there you can go to control point registration. In that screen it shows you all available DIII net addresses, the ones with an * are registered, the ones without aren't. If you have some addresses that haven't been registered - find them in this list and providing the status is marked as OK you will be able to ADD that address (highlight the address and use the Add key).
Hope this helps you.

linbill
12-05-2012, 01:02 PM
Hi Dunger,

I have facing this address issue two day ago but found your post everything gone smoothly pal:)
Thank you ! Your post is very useful (especially below part) to handle daikin i touch panel.

" For the latest models (pen on top) you need to enter the menu by pressing the 'S' key. You will then need to enter the 'engineering screen' of the controller by pushing all 4 corners of the LCD in a specific order (top right, bottom left, top left, bottom right) - you will see a new option - service login. Click on this and enter the password (daikin)."

tait71
13-05-2012, 06:25 AM
Hi chaps me and a mate readdressed all the system but found it was wired strange, I think the office had been revamped and walls knocked down and others built rewired system addressed as advised by the lovely people on this forum and all ok except fat women hot and skinny women cold!

install monkey
13-05-2012, 10:44 AM
its always the fat woman thats hot! and the skinny fit ones that are freezing!- probably due to the fact skinny fit birds have fat mates:D

Hi chaps me and a mate readdressed all the system but found it was wired strange, I think the office had been revamped and walls knocked down and others built rewired system addressed as advised by the lovely people on this forum and all ok except fat women hot and skinny women cold!

Deano240
10-06-2012, 05:35 PM
is it all working now?