babi22
02-11-2011, 09:10 PM
Change of aggregate state from liquid to gas Refrigerant

Tayters
02-11-2011, 09:21 PM
hi all

can you tell me why we need a large pressure drop across the expansion valve

Hi Brian,

The valve causes the pressure drop so the liquid refrigerant entering can boil off in the lower pressure area created by the expansion valve (and compressor) and absorb heat.

Cheers,
Andy.

frank
02-11-2011, 09:24 PM
Brian

Can you make your posts in the Fundamental Section please.

The 'Do you need help using this Message Board' is for questions about using the forum.

Thanks

The pressure drop across the expansion valve is to lower the temperature (and pressure) of the liquid refrigerant entering the evaporator.

Brian_UK
02-11-2011, 11:20 PM
Brian

Have a look and read of the literature to be found on the Sporlan website, it covers most of the questions that you are asking or will be asking soon. ;)

http://www.sporlanonline.com/literature.shtml

michaelm
03-11-2011, 03:34 AM
B”H

Sorry, I know that I am posting in a wrong section. In the previous version was a section where you can search for the members. I could not find the list of members in a new version of the Forum.

Brian

Can you make your posts in the Fundamental Section please.

The 'Do you need help using this Message Board' is for questions about using the forum.

Thanks

The pressure drop across the expansion valve is to lower the temperature (and pressure) of the liquid refrigerant entering the evaporator.

stufus
03-11-2011, 09:05 AM
B”H

Sorry, I know that I am posting in a wrong section. In the previous version was a section where you can search for the members. I could not find the list of members in a new version of the Forum.

Hl Michael
Click on Forum in the blue toolbar, then quick links just below and hit members online
Cheers
Stu

michaelm
04-11-2011, 12:20 AM
Hi Stu,
B”H
Thank you so much. I meant the full list of the Forum’s members and not the member who are on line.

Hl Michael
Click on Forum in the blue toolbar, then quick links just below and hit members online
Cheers
Stu