PDA

View Full Version : Daikin VRV II Pumpdown

jonny99
02-11-2011, 11:43 AM
Hi, New to this site, so not fully sure how it all works? Basically I am in the process of removing a Daikin VRV II 3 pipe system from a site. The system works fine, it's linked up to 5 ducted ahu's, is only a few years old and of those years only had several months use. The tenant had it all installed then moved out. I'm wondering whether it wouldbe worth pumping down and removing system into storage with a view to install at a later date or sell on to a company that installs these systems. If I decide to do this could I put the system into full cooling then shut the liquid line to get majority of gas back to condensor then shut the suction and 3rd line. I think these systems have a bypass to stop the suction pressure getting to low so won't be able to pump whole charge in, so would do this then reclaim rest from pipework. Probably a better way to do this, but I've not had much experience of these units. Also in your guys opinion would it be worth to keep hold of the system or just reclaim and scrap it? I'm sure most firms would not put in anything that has been used as does not know it's history. Just seems a waste. There aren't any companies that buy and recycle systems that are in good working order are there? Greatly appreciate any help, cheers.

Boxer
02-11-2011, 04:52 PM
Your better off reclaiming all of the refrigerant as you dont seem to know when you are going to reinstall the equipment.If you have the equipment in storage it could get damaged and loose the refrigerant charge.

Mick13
03-11-2011, 11:13 AM
i dont think you will be able to pump it all down anyway.... as you said....and is it R410a? in which case its a blend....

i would say it has also been additionally charged per unit/metre of pipework, so the charge may be incorrect for its next application, if it is reinstalled its probably best just to start from scratch and work out the exact charge needed for its new application.

personally i would reclaim it, vac it and put a positive charge of nitro in it, if your keen enough after you have reclaimed it, u could break the vac with nitro and vac it again, do that a couple of times and leave it with a positive charge of nitrogen.

frank
03-11-2011, 07:02 PM
Hi Jonny.
There is a 'Pump down' mode on these units - all you have to do is engage this and then kill the power.

This ensures that all of the indoor eev's are in the fully open state so that the entire system can be recovered.

jonny99
03-11-2011, 11:36 PM
Thanks for the advice. Had already reclaimed full charge by time I got your message Frank, but will keep in mind for future, cheers. System currently sitting in my garage waiting for a suitable job to come up, or failing that someone that wants it, failing that, a one way ticket to the scrap yard!